Re: FORUM MEET-UP, SCOTLAND, 8-9th AUGUST

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Blood and sand! I am riding/ driving to Carlisle the weekend before but I am on stby work b***ocks from 7th for a week :cry: Cant we go the weekend before?
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
tattie

Post by tattie »

I should be ok as there is nothing in the work book for then. We have folks in the holiday let that are leaving on the Sat morn and as yet no one else booked in for the next week, so the pressure is not on to do the turnaround in 5 hours.
Prob take me 5 and a bit hours to get to St Marys loch but if I was to head down on the Fri, I would try to stop off at Abington (Days Inn) J13 M74.
Same goes for Sat.
I will speak to Echt tonight to see If he can manage.

Will be on later to see what the crack is.

Cheers

A.M.
Common sense ain't all that common!
tattie

Post by tattie »

Can't get Eicht but will try tomorrow. Had a look at the days inn site for Abington and there were rooms available. (There may be other kip over places closer) If the run is planned for the Sunday then I will probably leave early on the Sat and take the scenic routes down.
My bike is booked in for Mot next Wednesday and plan to change the oil and filter at the weekend.

Cheers

A.M.
fritz

Post by fritz »

just checked my diary!!

so far ive got nowt on!! need to check with the oricle though!!

anyone mind if i join in???

google says about 2 hours from my house!! wife permiting :roll: :roll: :roll:
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

I'd so be there, but I might well be working.

If I'm not, I'm in.
Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
lee67

Post by lee67 »

wheres st mary's lock near mike, ...might be a good run for me, if im up to it :whatever
lee67

Post by lee67 »

ahhh..ok mike, found it, put me down as a maybe, will confirm nearer time m8
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

I'm only a maybe for this i'm afraid .

For that weekend myself and a few others had spoke about doing our west coast Campbeltown run,although it wasnt confirmed .

Biggest problem is i'm actually on a fortnights holiday from work then, that'll be the end of my hols that weekend ,and although were going away only the first week,her indoors might have something planned for the second week,or part of .

I,m not wantin to rock the boat with "the wifey" too much, been to Ireland a few weeks ago,done west coast ride-out Crinan, Oban etc last Sat .....and i'm always tellin her to spend less :lol:

So i'm only a maybe :!:

What would be the plan after St Marys Loch....are you guys talking about turning off past the Cafe ,doing the single-tracker past Meggats Reservoir and Tulla Reservoir ,then back into Moffat ??

http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... t&start=30
Stevie
tattie

Post by tattie »

Awfy quiet on here since Thursday,
If it is still happening I will be looking to book somewhere for the Sat night in the next few days.
Hope the weather improves as it has been (Why does it always rain on me, I like it Mike :clap: ) pissing down here on and off for the last two and a half weeks. Was out for a walk tonight with the dog and I thought it would stay dry for a while :roll: I would have been drier if I had jumped in the sea at the bottom of the garden, even the dog was looking up at me with the ffs what have you got me out in this face on.

Cheers

A.M.
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

Well it looks like myself and a couple of others are going to be doing the west coast Campbeltown run on Sat 15th Aug that we had earlier spoke about ,...all welcome :)

I think i might be grounded the previous weekend cos were still on holiday :roll:
Stevie
tattie

Post by tattie »

Ah life at last,
When I come back from fishing tomorrow night I will book myself in for the sat night somewhere. Have asked Echt but I think he has got some residential course beginning on the Sat and finishing on the Monday.

Before I book, I will have a look here, just in case there are any changes to the plan.

Cheers

A.M.
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

Mike ,...Tim...here's a suggestion .........if you're making a weekend of it ,you could come on our Inveraray/Campbeltown run with us if you like ,unless that is you're settled on a day ride-out only. A couple of wee ferry cheap journeys thrown in as well :)
Moffat is just over 1.25 hours from this area where we are , and Campbeltown/Inveray is a day bike run from here.

Tattie, this would also suit you most likely ?

It's up to you guys, i've mentioned this after having a word with a fellow forum member who lives not far from me :wink:

I might very well be able to meet up at Moffat if you guys dont fancy it,or are unable to do this west coast run. :) ,just can't confirm yet ,....tis up to you guys ,maybe worth thinking about though ?

Either trip is weather dependant for me though.....i dont like gettin wet :!:
Stevie
bigfatbloke-71

Post by bigfatbloke-71 »

I am stopping at Ayr that weekend, Fri and Sat nights, with a lot from another forum. We are stopping at Auchincruive Agricultural College @ only £15 per night.

Will be having a run on the Saturday, but not sure where yet. It is normally decided when drunk on the Friday night.

Me and a mate of mine are taking tents and if the weather is anything but shite we will be heading up the west coast and up to Applecross. Then across the top to John O'Groats and an interesting route home to the North East.

May do the last bit or 2,3 or 4 days, depending on cash, weather and being arsed.

If anyone fancies joining us (it is always a good laugh with a bit of spirited riding thrown in) then give me a shout.

Kev
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

bigfatbloke-71 wrote:I am stopping at Ayr that weekend, Fri and Sat nights, with a lot from another forum. We are stopping at Auchincruive Agricultural College @ only £15 per night.

Will be having a run on the Saturday, but not sure where yet. It is normally decided when drunk on the Friday night.

Me and a mate of mine are taking tents and if the weather is anything but shite we will be heading up the west coast and up to Applecross. Then across the top to John O'Groats and an interesting route home to the North East.

May do the last bit or 2,3 or 4 days, depending on cash, weather and being arsed.

If anyone fancies joining us (it is always a good laugh with a bit of spirited riding thrown in) then give me a shout.

Kev
The Oban/ Crinan route is a good one from Ayr ,we done it last Saturday,you might've seen the pics ,and Cupasoop posted a map of the route.
Stevie
kevg

Post by kevg »

OK,
me, the Nutty one, the weans and the dug might all be coming down in the van for a weekend break, has it been decieded where and when this is going to happen, is it still the 8th -9th of Aug at Moffat somewhere?
cheerz

kev