BATTERY?

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
chuxsta

BATTERY?

Post by chuxsta »

what battery is supposed to fit the 02 plate storm?

have found various results from web searches.
and yes i have checked my current one but from vibrations its rubbed off the stickers saying what model number the battery is.

only reason i question it is one type is over £60 and yet i find others for £30.
tony.mon

Re: BATTERY?

Post by tony.mon »

£60?
You can pay a lot more than that :biggrin

In Performance Bikes a while back there was an article about building a battery out of (from memory) Lithium Ion cells and some electronics.

The battery was a similar size but weighed only a tenth of the lead style standard ones.

I'm still thinking about trying something like this........

I'd save about as much weight as a pie and a pint :D
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
chuxsta

Post by chuxsta »

FirestormMike wrote:David silvers.

http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk/parts/part_67565/
i went there first off, but instead of just going with that battery number i started finding other battery numbers and getting all confused..
but after further reading they are all the same battery..

know any where round this neck of the woods mike that do em at the right price..
found some on ebay for cheaper than davidsilvers, about £35 all in i think it was..
chuxsta

Post by chuxsta »

FirestormMike wrote:If you fancy a trip to Rufforth near York (tell Vic you think it'll will be a great idea to combine a trip to see her folks) then you'll pick one up really cheap. It's on this Saturday, and I might be going. :wink:

managed to get one from flegay from dkbikes ( think it was ) £35 ish inc P&P. its the right make but i think its a few mill bigger than the one i took out.
i offered them up against each other and the new one is like 2mm taller but they appeared the same size width n depth..
but i had a game getting it in, and feel there is next to no chance of getting it back out lol.
pariah

Post by pariah »

Hey UpChukky.
Heres a simple yet effective way of removing the battery. Once you have the old one out, before popping the new one back in. Lay a piece of thin strap of some kind under the new battery before slidding in.Make sure both ends stick out above the battery.
This will allow you to pull each end and the battery will just slide out easy. :thumbup:
gilson

Post by gilson »

tony.mon wrote:£60?
You can pay a lot more than that :biggrin

In Performance Bikes a while back there was an article about building a battery out of (from memory) Lithium Ion cells and some electronics.

The battery was a similar size but weighed only a tenth of the lead style standard ones.

I'm still thinking about trying something like this........

I'd save about as much weight as a pie and a pint :D
Hi Tony, a few guys on the Superhawk forum have done this. There's also a company that makes them. They are about 200USDs, speedcell I think.

http://superhawkforum.com/forums/search ... hid=592089
No bike (yet).