My new(ish) vtr - thanks mr warby sir

General Bike chat
futterbingers

My new(ish) vtr - thanks mr warby sir

Post by futterbingers »

Hello to all again. I now am the proud owner of mr warby's fine Vtr1000, I went to see, it was as he promised (thankyou sir) and paid him sheckles and rode it home. Blackburn to South Wales (2.5 hours) then next morning to kent (5 hours due to people smashing their cars into each other on the M25) then, in the morning getting up at 4 am, riding home to sw france, getting in at 9pm. (obviously using a ferry - not riding across the sea!). I'm knackered! The bars might be raised a little, I'll have to see. Very impressed with my first vtr, had a tl1000 many moons ago but never got on, think it was age.
Gendarme at one of the pèage points stood and looked at the exhaust when I was faffing with my card in the machine (it's got lazer race cans) then motioned for much throttle action (at least that's what I think he said), so I dutifully obliged with noise. It's good for that over here, no mot's for bike, therefore no noise limits on bikes, unless they are extremely loud. Very impressed with the handling, neutral/predictable, another bonus is that nothing fell off! Thanks Pete.
benny hedges

Re: My new(ish) vtr - thanks mr warby sir

Post by benny hedges »

kinell get your moneys worth why don't you :thumbup:
not got a sore elbow after all them miles???
it's one of them bikes that you dont want to get of tho innit. :thumbup:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Mick B

Post by Mick B »

Thats what I call nipping out for a ride on your new bike :mrgreen:
Sounds like you had a good time well done. Just getting my stuff sorted then off down to Scarbrough for an evening run :thumbup:
Anotherbikerbabe

Post by Anotherbikerbabe »

Wow, what an adventure. They are lovely bikes though. I love mine and unless it falls to bits (not for a long time) I can't see me wanting to change it any time soon...

Enjoy the miles.. :thumbup:
Silly boys...Women do have balls....We just wear them higher up!
futterbingers

Post by futterbingers »

I had a bit of a numb elbow when I stopped. Got back on it this morning to get my van back from the airport, another 3 hours(!), yep, butt hurts a bit, assuming the same seat position. I'm not riding it for a few days. It needs a right good clean. Not many people with vtr's over here, i've seen 3 in 4 years. That's not many. How long have you owned yours for?
bobthetrain

Post by bobthetrain »

Personally, Futterbingers, I hate you! I'd rang Warby to see if I could view the bike, but he wouldn't let me because he "had a bloke coming from France to see it in a few days". I even offered to pay a deposit by paypal before viewing the bike, but he wouldn't have it because he didn't want to ring to cancel you. Count yourself lucky that Warby is obviously such a decent bloke. THAT BIKE SHOULD HAVE BEEN MINE!
Got myself a really nice standard, low miles, bike now anyway, which I can fettle myself, so I'm not too bitter. And I don't really hate you!
Enjoy it mate. You're a lucky man!
futterbingers

Post by futterbingers »

Hate is such a strong word, can you settle for mild distaste? or even mid-loathing (in scotland)
warby221

Post by warby221 »

Glad all went well Adam :thumbup: :thumbup:
Tiz a lovely bike isn’t it just a pity it wasn’t getting any use with me was spending most of its time in the shed :( :(
its big----- its red ------its throbbing and it’s a thousand CC