SHell V Power 5p of litre on Friday

General Biker Banter
Seven Of Nine Firestorm

Post by Seven Of Nine Firestorm »

Celebrate the Grand Prix season finale with us and get 5p off per litre on Shell V-Power Unleaded & Diesel

http://www.shell.co.uk/home/content/gbr ... romotions/

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Please check the PDF link on that page for partispitating garrages.

Just giving everyone the heads up
BigVeeGrin

Re: SHell V Power 5p of litre on Friday

Post by BigVeeGrin »

I always thought these high octane fuels are not much good for most engines? :?
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

If you have an ignition advancer fitted they make a small difference, but with standard timing there's not much to be gained, IMHO.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

IMHO high compression engines work better with higher octane fuel. It could be handy Tony with the new JE 11.5:1 high compression pistons :wink:

Chris.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

It would be essential, Chris!

But mine are only 10.5:1, from the standard 9.4:1.

But once they coke up a bit they'll have better compression, more coke on the piston crown= less room for gas when at TDC.
That's why older Storm run better :thumbup:

(no, I'm not being serious) :lol:
Last edited by tony.mon on Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Good find Nas :thumbup:
Anyone tried their diesel in a car or a van? I'm not too worried about saving 75p savings filling up the bike but it might be worth it for the car.

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

tony.mon wrote: more coke on the piston crown= less room for gas when at TDC.
:thumbup:
yup the more coke in your head the better :Coke:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

VTR1000KAZ wrote:always run the scoob on v power.. as its an import, the fuel is actually 101 ron in Japan.. so need v power and octane booster in it too !!!! costs a bloody fortune :roll:
car is up for sale tho :thumbup:

I'd be interested, but now I know it costs a fortune to run you've put me right off.
Sorry.

I'll have to stick to the bike for now.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

tony.mon wrote:If you have an ignition advancer fitted they make a small difference, but with standard timing there's not much to be gained, IMHO.
i usually run mine on cheapo 95, but today for a change i filled a near empty tank with excellium 97....
instant noticeable gain in responsiveness and accelleration (with a +4 advancer as tony said)
if i run 95 in my mg it's flat as a pancake but flies on 97.
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
robwestwick

Post by robwestwick »

I run my Lexus is220 diesel on v power every 4 or 5 fill ups. A bit smoky for 20 miles but then goes like a train - although no where near as quick as the 'storm!!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

VTR1000KAZ wrote:
tony.mon wrote:
VTR1000KAZ wrote:always run the scoob on v power.. as its an import, the fuel is actually 101 ron in Japan.. so need v power and octane booster in it too !!!! costs a bloody fortune :roll:
car is up for sale tho :thumbup:

I'd be interested, but now I know it costs a fortune to run you've put me right off.
Sorry.

I'll have to stick to the bike for now.
oh come on.. you mean you didn't know owning a scoob costs a fortune! lmao.. we had 2 of the buggers.. insurance wise we're in a good postcode.. for a group 20 car.. not garaged blah blah.. it costs around £500 fully comp for me and other half.... it's the running costs... bout 20 mpg if we're lucky.. (costs me about £80 to do a 250 mile round trip :wtf: ) and as petrol is on the up yet again... it's just gonna get more and more expensive... which is why she has to go !!!!!! :biggrin
anyway.. I don't think the private plate thats on it would suit you Tony ( unless you change your name to KAZ)!!!! lmao :thumbup: :lol:
No, I was just joshing, unemployment means I'm selling, not buying ATM.

Changing my name to match the plate is cheaper than buying a plate to match my name!
Just call me DNF :lol: :lol:
pariah

Post by pariah »

benny hedges wrote:
tony.mon wrote:If you have an ignition advancer fitted they make a small difference, but with standard timing there's not much to be gained, IMHO.
i usually run mine on cheapo 95, but today for a change i filled a near empty tank with excellium 97....
instant noticeable gain in responsiveness and accelleration (with a +4 advancer as tony said)
if i run 95 in my mg it's flat as a pancake but flies on 97.

I have always run mine on 97, can defo notice the difference and I notice an increase in mile age as well. :thumbup: when I have to fill up with the poor mans fuel so to speak. She pops and back ifires much more with the cheaper fuel :thumbdown:
Seven Of Nine Firestorm

Just a shame petrol prices are creaping up agian, hope the truckers get out there and block up the depots is crazy the amount we have to pay now.........
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

it's all tax innit.
then vat on top of the tax :Argue 1:
the govt will argue that other countries pay tax on their fuel, but the difference is, they don't pay road tax as well as it's included in the fuel duty.

and their road tax actually gets spent on improving and maintaining the roads, & isn't used to bribe immigrant criminals or set up dating sites for same sex couples so they can adopt gay kids :Argue 1:
Seven Of Nine Firestorm

At this rate I would be pi$$ing in the tank to make it last more lol.