which wheel colour ????

General Bike chat
dodds

which wheel colour ????

Post by dodds »

I am just about to get a spare set of storm wheels sprayed up but would like any opinions on the colour before i make the plunge 8O . I have a black 98 storm with red decals, and i'm not sure if i should go for, red wheels with a black rim stripe or black wheels with a red rim stripe :roll: . If anyone has a fav colour or any others ideas please let me know before i make my mind up. thanks dodds.
996superhawk

Post by 996superhawk »

My favorite color is chrome but solid red would look good with the black tire
DD

Post by DD »

semi gloss black with the outer rims polished and clear laqured (I know a bit 90's) just like my VFR was Image
Last edited by DD on Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
cheers Darryl
STEVESTORM

wheels

Post by STEVESTORM »

go red, red , red.........
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

i have to agree, black/polished (imo) much more subtle
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Must admit I have to agree with DD and Essexbloke on that one!

Chris.
heggeli2

Post by heggeli2 »

From Sweden comes a vote on black and polished.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

8) Got Black and Polished on Mine 8)
They 've been an ablsolute bitch to keep good (ish) through the winter. So get them lacoured as well and you'll be sorted :lol:
Pete.l
dodds

?????

Post by dodds »

Thanks for all your ideas, i do like the idea of polished rims but as i use the bike most days in all weathers i'm not sure how good the finish will last, so i think i'm going red (its not subtle i know but who cares :twisted: ). I am going to put them in the shop on the weekend so if anyone has any last minute ideas please let me know !!!
t00lkit

Which colour

Post by t00lkit »

Dodds

Did you get your wheels coloured in the end? Any pics posted?

Can anyone tell me the benefits between stripping the paint and polishing the wheels compared to having them powder coated?

I fancy having mine done in chrome/silver but is powder coating any good and does it take much keeping clean?

cheers
t00lkit
DD

Post by DD »

If you get them polished then you realy also need to have them painted with a clear laqure (sp?)
This means that they wont deteriate with oxidation and you clean em like you would usually.
cheers Darryl
dodds

colour

Post by dodds »

Hi, yes i did get them done and they should be done in a couple of days. I decided against the polishing option, and have got them painted a ducati red with a black pin stripe on the edge of the rim 8O , i also bought a wavey rear disc to go on and i found a swing arm on ebay for a tenner which i have polished up, so i will post some pics when i get them back from the shop. I am just after a carbon hugger now to go with the front one i have, so i may get in touch with del as i hear he is the man to speak to !!
t00lkit

Hugger

Post by t00lkit »

Not being biased but I can recommend a carbon hugger from Del, cause I've got one.

I put a pic in the Misc section (p3), red storm neglected chain.

Looks good, good fit, sorted.

t00lkit
dodds

Chain !!

Post by dodds »

Thanks for pointing out the picture i think i will have to get one. ps that chain does look a bit sad, you know you can buy these tins with chain lube printed on the front, chains love it !!!! :lol: , dodds.
Teamslug

Exhaust hangers

Post by Teamslug »

Dodds
how did you hang your end cans, just looked at the pictures in the gallery and noticed your hangers come from under the bodywork, did you buy them or have them made. I am after some high level brackets for my cans as the ones i am using arent up to the job.