ACE CAFE a406 london

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

Darknomad

ACE CAFE a406 london

Post by Darknomad »

i was informed the first Friday of every month is bike night there last time i went there i got my bike dyno'd
wont do that again for a bit after stories of peoples bike blowing up
but its a good spot to meet i think
they have a bar good food dyno there and wheelie bike there
plus possibly a band not sure on the last one
but its busy great fun watch other people dyno there machines and the loons do/fail stunts
the clock for forward i think next week last week of march so first week of april will have an hour extra daylight in the evenings woohoo
plus its my birthday 6th of April so i planning fun stuff for myself for that week

theres so many owner clubs going there now itll be good to start a vtr1000.org club day too
east london/essex [leyton ]
tony.mon

Re: ACE CAFE a406 london

Post by tony.mon »

Darknomad wrote:i was informed the first Friday of every month is bike night there last time i went there i got my bike dyno'd
wont do that again for a bit after stories of peoples bike blowing up
but its a good spot to meet i think
they have a bar good food dyno there and wheelie bike there
plus possibly a band not sure on the last one
but its busy great fun watch other people dyno there machines and the loons do/fail stunts
the clock for forward i think next week last week of march so first week of april will have an hour extra daylight in the evenings woohoo
plus its my birthday 6th of April so i planning fun stuff for myself for that week

theres so many owner clubs going there now itll be good to start a vtr1000.org club day too
Did you actually see any blow up?

No? Neither have I.
It only puts the same stresses on your bike, (engine, transmission and gearbox-wise) and using all the revs on the road, except it's smoother than trying to get ll the power down over potholes and overbanding, where the grip and torque in the transmission are worse in real life than on a dyno.

Apart from any ram air effect on bikes with that fitted (Storm's don't) it's the same as running on the road; perfectly safe.
If my engine was going to let go I'd rather it be on a dyno rather than halfway round a left-hander with oncoming traffic......

Anyway, Storm engines are so under-stressed they're hard to kill,, and God knows, I try :twisted:
Last edited by tony.mon on Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Darknomad

Post by Darknomad »

maybe ill dyno her again after a balance and pair of scorpions
east london/essex [leyton ]
Furrybiker

Post by Furrybiker »

There are loads of things going on at the Ace,http://www.ace-cafe-london.com/Bikes.aspx

Also see http://www.londonbikers.com Many of the ride outs start from there. Just been on a 160mile ride through Essex with them, a great bunch of various ages, backgrounds and levels of skill. (Which translates as "Some could leave me standing!")
FIRESTORM02

Post by FIRESTORM02 »

Yeah...well said. It'd be good to see our fellow Stormers have a get together although for me the ACE is always a bit of a hike seeing that I live in
SE London.
Have you heard of any closer places the VTR boys could meet up in the SE? Let us know m8. :thumbup:
BLUESTORM
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Wednesday eve at the Oakdene, Wrotham. There's a thread on the rideouts section.

It's only ten mins from the M25, come off at J3 Swanley and follow the Brands Hatch signs, go past and keep going, it's right at the first roundabout then straight on at the next one, cafe's on your left.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.