Project Growler (many pics)

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
Sonkut

Project Growler (many pics)

Post by Sonkut »

Hello again,

Finaly thought i would post my street fighter project in here, as requested. Yeah, ok i'm doing it in work time but they are talking about making me redundant anywho so i don't really give a crap any more :D
As a quick note, I work in IT and have spent many years gaming so is there is an acronym you don’t know just ask.

For a start, the name of the bike hasn't been decided but when talking to none bike people about what i was going to do i just said *i'm getting a big bike and bast***izing it. Hence the project name, didn’t want to offend anyone so I inserted the * myself. The starting bike is obviously a Honda firestorm, in this case it was a crash damaged one I picked up from e-bay for £935 (sweet deal imo). The guy dropped it and came off worse than the bike, decided he couldn’t repair it as still recovering and sold it. Apparently he’s going to stick to his VFR as it has never tried to kill him.

Starting bike, crash damaged side.
Good side

I’ve started by stripping most of the damaged bits, and leaving myself with a list of crap to do.
This is it mostly stripped back.
I realised the clutch reservoir is knackered so I’ve ordered a replacement however I’m not a fan of the setup, and I’m hoping to find a compatible one somewhere, if anyone knows of compatible clutch master cylinders let me know.

Last weekend I got some replacement headlights and mountings, which have been mounted, I also replaced the right silencer which sounded a bit funny with the spare that came with the bike. Which now sounds groovy.

Shot from the front, people think it looks like Wall-E at the moment.

I’m trying to find a nice chrome speedo that will fit, but it’s a pain currently as it needs an electrical one. I’ve got a nice chrome rev counter which should be interesting as I don’t have a wiring guide for it. I’m planning on replacing a few bits with anodised blue parts, like the clutch and break leavers, footpegs etc.

Got a lot left to do but hoping it should at least be readable soon :D

thoughts? :beer:
Last edited by Sonkut on Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
So glad for the madness.
simo

Re: Project BAS***D (many pics)

Post by simo »

Nice Land Rover :biggrin
Theres A Hare in The Turnips.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

hi mate
i always liked the look of the triumph mini fairing on top of the headlights.
might be from the speed triple i think.
whats next on your list, single rad conversion?
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Sonkut

Post by Sonkut »

Hiya,

Yeah the triumph speed tripple fairing is quite nice but i'm not sure whether i will fit any fairing, might just leave it looking slightly scrappy and badass. The radiators on the side i find to be a bit of a distinguishing feature and i've no plans to change it at the moment, i was considering at one point building a form of air scoop to focus air more directly onto them but i dropped that plan as i might also cause more problems than worth.

Currently the list goes like this:
Things to be done soon: Chrome speedo's and meters
buy/build mounting brackets for above
clutch resevoir
new clutch and break leavers
footpegs
eventualy cct's(running fine at the mo though)
service at the same time as cct's
Derust and exhaust tape down pipes
Edit: forgot the handlebars, probubaly going to fit a different yolk with handlebar riser, bring the seating position a little back off my wrists which i doubt will cope greatly for long.

Things in the planning and consideration stage:
Replace/mod exhaust
k&n filter
Re-jet
Paintjob
Suspension
Fuel injectors
Radiator maybe

As a note, thats my dads landy as my bike is in his garage at the moment. no matter how modded my VTR gets it will never be as far modified as that landy. 1955 landrover (or something similar), originaly 2.2liter, now 3.6, power stearing, radio, completely updated, fuel pump and new fuel tank inside the vehicle (people must think he's insane when he grabs the pump, opens the back door and climbs inside. I've tried to drive it, it's a bloody liability.
So glad for the madness.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

good luck with it mate and keep posting pics, have you seen those trick digital clocks with chrome surrounds, i think they are made by koso, they would look good but not cheap.
the rads on the side is a bit of a marmite thing really.
as for suspension, i just fitted a brand new hagon shock, and forks and yokes from a cbr954, i'm just having trouble trying to find a front wheel spindle to fit, it's my fault tho cbr954 forks with cbr900 wheels not the best combination....hahaha
i gotta update the thread on my bike in the pimp section.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Sonkut wrote:I’m planning on replacing a few bits with anodised blue parts, like the clutch and break leavers, footpegs etc.
Dont do it. It'll look wombles shite :sick:
Rich.

marravtr

Post by marravtr »

looked a damm sight better before you started feckin about with it! :roll:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
Snoogle

Post by Snoogle »

marravtr wrote:looked a damm sight better before you started feckin about with it! :roll:
Get off that fence and say what's on your mind lol
A head full of fears has no room for dreams
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

Snoogle wrote:
marravtr wrote:looked a damm sight better before you started feckin about with it! :roll:
Get off that fence and say what's on your mind lol
never messed about wi me words mate :biggrin
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
Sonkut

Post by Sonkut »

You know, i respect your opinions but if you haven't got anything useful to say, there are other threads to post in.
So glad for the madness.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that, it might not be everysone cup of tea, but i respect the fact the mans passionate about his firestorm, so lets not get on his case lads..........
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Is it something to do with the heat!!!! or has something been slipped in the water. Everyone seems to have the butt with everyone else today. Chillax guys, go have a beer.
:beer:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Dthomp87

Project BAS***D (many pics)

Post by Dthomp87 »

I think it looks great. I'm thinking of doing something similar to my bike but I can't decide on the colors!
Spiderman32

Post by Spiderman32 »

looking nice :thumbup:

i do like a good fighter use to have one my self not a honda but a triumph what do you think? :thumbup: :thumbdown:
[img]http://render3.snapfish.com/render2/is= ... f7mrPfrj7t%[/img]

hope this picture works!!!
Spiderman32

Post by Spiderman32 »

right second attemp here is my old fighter hope you like :thumbup:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us