My VTR1000 Mods

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
Serlant

My VTR1000 Mods

Post by Serlant »

Well since I Bought my VTR in april i've made a couple of mods.
First things were LED indicators and Chinese stubby Passo copies, Next on the list was a clear LED tail light.
I then got a pair of Pirelli angel St's (fantastic tires)
Then i got rear ended by a friend on a CBR400 while stopped a a zebra crossing, and so were bought a new set of pipes to replace the bent one caused by her impact. Danmoto Jisu exhausts.(sound fantastic but fall to bits)
Fitted a CBR600 front master cyclinder aswell as a braided rear brake hose so it now has stainless braided all round.
recently took the front fairing off to paint the headlight brace and though it looked pretty mean so I made up a some mounts for a set of Dominator headlights but vertically and some front indicator mounts
aswell as a little LED strip for the warning lights (neutral indicators oil and fuel).
New chain and sprockets as of tuesday 11/10 43 on the back 16 on the front.
I currently don't have a speedo (yes i know) but might well be getting a set of Koso digital clocks if i'm extremely lucky, if not i'll be putting a bicycle speedo on it.
How it looked when I bought it.

How it looks today.
tony.mon

Re: My VTR1000 Mods

Post by tony.mon »

There's some nice polished rads on e-blag at the moment, and as they are very visible with a SF they might just look a bit more as if it's not a faired one with no fairing.
Search for vtr racing.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

i must admit if i needed an exhaust the danmoto ones youve got would be the one's for me, i bet there nice and loud. i was looking at a koso dash and i did a fair bit of investigation into digtal clocks, there are so many out there ranging from £100 to £2000, the one i love is
http://www.moorespeedracing.co.uk/trans ... logic.html
a bit pricey but it looks the nuts and it has a gear indicator smack bang in the middle............
the other choice people go for is the vapor
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Stealth-V ... 20bc234af1
keep up the good work buddy.......... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Serlant

Post by Serlant »

I've had a trailtech vapor, I lent it to a buddy for his thundercat, bit rude to just demand it back so i'll see what I can do first.

Wish the danmoto's firstly the clamps that came with it didn't fit, they were the diameter for the exhaust end but the diameter of the downpipe end is smaller so I used the vtr scaffold pole ones. secondly the welds where the link pipe goes into the can broke, on both sides.
Serlant

Post by Serlant »

oh and I almost forgot... I'll just leave this here.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

they look similar to the ones i've fitted to my firestorm, cbr954 jobbies...........
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Serlant

Post by Serlant »

Well.... progress has been slow. but on sunday it finally happened. I ordered a Cool N Comfy top yoke on the 29th of febuary and am less than empressed, as I ended up paying £220, and it still hasn't arrived.
All in all I've probably spend well over £800 on the front end (including the new tyres though) paid £220 for the set of pirelli diablo corsa rosso's (had angel St's on before and they were fantastic but never tried anything stickier)
the wheels cost me £30 pounds and they were painted with enamel paint. which is excellent. new tapered headrace bearings instead of balls. new bushes and seals in the forks. the tank and rear undertray/mudguard and front mudguard will go away to be painted gloss black. oh and almost forgot, probolt pretty much all around on the front end, bottom and top pinch bolts, aswell as caliper bolts.

Front end ready to go on.

Forks removed. could definatly do with a proper clean :) (this was taken after I power washed it)

Cbr929 (as it turns out, they were advertised as 954 forks) front end on.

Rear wheel (excuse my brake lever, after bending it back the first time got rear ended and couldn't be bothered to straighten it)

pretty much finished (minus black front mudguard) and the top yoke! which will allow me to put some straight bars on it. also I paid £20 for the mudguard plus postage, and it is abolutely spotless minus a small back on the bottom near a mounting point.

and Heres a mates 600 SRAD that we have been doing over the weekend aswell as mine :)

Edit, as to the previous post and the danmoto jisu exhausts, They have recently fallen apart, the welds all around the pipe where it meets the can and the collector has snapped on both exhausts, which means i'm going to have to get them re-tigged, or i'm thinking i might just cut my losses and replace them, my friend with the SRAD has got a pipe werx exhaust for his and i have to say the quality looks stunning and it looks brilliant.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

that front end is looking very good fella, same as mine, its good to hear about the quality of the chinese exhausts, shame really but its good feedback on there quality issues never the less, i look forward to seeing your bike when its finished.. :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
seb421

Post by seb421 »

bigspanishmarty wrote:that front end is looking very good fella, same as mine, its good to hear about the quality of the chinese exhausts, shame really but its good feedback on there quality issues never the less, i look forward to seeing your bike when its finished.. :thumbup:
Thank god i didn't get one, was toying with the idea a while ago but thought better of it, might be okay on a silky smooth in-line 4 but wondered how it would cope with a twin

good to see update and progress love the old suzukis too :) would love a 750 SRAD can't beat a bike with a proper back end, if i bike had booty the SRAD would be it

ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
Rob

Post by Rob »

Using step ladders to hold your bike up? Genius :thumbup:

Now I know how to hold mine up to strip the rear end :D
'02 VTR1000-FY Yellow.
'12 Moto Guzzi Griso 8V SE Tenni.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

No surprise with those Dan Motos they are all noise and nothing else.

Your storm is looking good. All it needs now is a decent front fairing and exhaust. :wink:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
dragonback

Post by dragonback »

Rob wrote:Using step ladders to hold your bike up? Genius :thumbup:

Now I know how to hold mine up to strip the rear end :D
totally agree genius ,wish i'd thought of that !
DOES THIS RAG SMELL LIKE CHLOROFORM TO YOU ?
Serlant

Post by Serlant »

How it looks today (well abused :))
I put the pipes the bike came with back on after the jisu's fell to pieces, cancelled my order with cool n comfy top yokes (warning do not use them) after waiting over a month and getting abusive emails. so drilled the 929 yoke and fitted some risers, Fitted a Koso RX2n a VFR800 fuel sender so i've got a fuel gauge, a longer throttle cable from an F4I, some renthal low bars. and still has a CBR600 F4i master cylinder with 929 calipers (will stop on a dime) and thats about the lot.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Was the VFR800 fuel sender a straight swap with no problems or did you have to bend the rod to get accurate readings? I've heard people have problems getting an accurate reading with the small tanks. And is that the early VFR or VTECH? Those clocks look good mate. :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Serlant

Post by Serlant »

bent cut swear bend some more, but it eventually fit. the readings are pretty good, full when full and when the last bar dissapears i've got 10-15 miles left. no idea as to the vfr or vtech question, ebay add just says vfr800 fuel sender.