MCE steer clear of them

General Bike chat
MJONESY

MCE steer clear of them

Post by MJONESY »

been with mce a couple of years now, realised today when i wanted to change my insurance over to my new bike i had forgot to change my address when i moved in September, so when i rang them up to get it changed they wanted an additional £70 just for moving less than a mile up the road because he said i had moved to a higher risk postcode they are both sy24 5** post codes, and moved from the middle of the village to middle of nowhere.

It gets better though, he then told me it would be a minimum of another £40 to change bikes thats without any increased premium that is just their admin fee. so to cut a long story short they want to bend me over and rape me of £110+ for 5 months of insurance seems steep when i only paid 160 for the year , as you can imagine i told him where to stick it oh and they wanted to charge me £40 admin fee to cancel it, It got to the stage where i think if i had asked him for a blowjob he would have said thats a £40 charge sir. wanted to go fully comp on the new one anyway just means i will do it sooner rather than later.

be careful with them they cant afford to sponsor bsb without raping people
seb421

Re: MCE steer clear of them

Post by seb421 »

i just renewed with them, what a wombles ball ache!

plus they are adamant i have a speeding conviction, this i do not!.. fiddler

Only use them as they allow me to 'Ride other bikes' on the policy

Also they are using Aviva now as there broker, it used to be MC Edwards or something that looks to have gone and they have just kept the MCE name as a front, like so many of the other companies that arnt there own brokers

if you have a complaint about our service, please contact your
Insurance Advisor, or write to:
The Chairman
Moorhouse Xbroker Limited,
Barclay House
2-3 Sir Alfred Owen Way
Caerphilly
CF83 3HU

If you are not satisfied, you can contact your Insurer:
Chief Executive UK Insurance
Aviva
Surrey Street
Norwich
NR1 3NS

Documents received in email are a lot different than last years too.
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

MJONESY wrote:he said i had moved to a higher risk postcode they are both sy24 5** post codes, and moved from the middle of the village to middle of nowhere.

thats ridiculous... what crime lol!
the only crime round there is sheep worrying ffs :thumbdown:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

i have come to the conclusion that all insurance companies are shifty thieving bar stewards. £40 admin charges! . that work will be done by some one probably earning about 8 pound an hour if that and it will take them about 3 or 4 minutes . why should they think its ok to charge you for continuing to do business with them. its like going to tescos and they charge you £3 quid for wear and tear on the till .
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
MJONESY

Post by MJONESY »

lumpyv wrote:why should they think its ok to charge you for continuing to do business with them. its like going to tescos and they charge you £3 quid for wear and tear on the till .
Don't get me started on tescos, 5p for a sodding bag in wales now, not only do they want me to advertise for them they want to charge me for the privilege,

I'm not to worried at the moment my traders covers it for road risks but i prefer to keep my bike insurance separate since they only pay out trade value
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

]
MJONESY wrote:he said i had moved to a higher risk postcode they are both sy24 5** post codes, and moved from the middle of the village to middle of
Charge you extra now it is the only storm in the village :)
AMcQ
alz4321

Post by alz4321 »

MJONESY wrote:been with mce a couple of years now, realised today when i wanted to change my insurance over to my new bike i had forgot to change my address when i moved in September, so when i rang them up to get it changed they wanted an additional £70 just for moving less than a mile up the road because he said i had moved to a higher risk postcode they are both sy24 5** post codes, and moved from the middle of the village to middle of nowhere.

It gets better though, he then told me it would be a minimum of another £40 to change bikes thats without any increased premium that is just their admin fee. so to cut a long story short they want to bend me over and rape me of £110+ for 5 months of insurance seems steep when i only paid 160 for the year , as you can imagine i told him where to stick it oh and they wanted to charge me £40 admin fee to cancel it, It got to the stage where i think if i had asked him for a blowjob he would have said thats a £40 charge sir. wanted to go fully comp on the new one anyway just means i will do it sooner rather than later.

be careful with them they cant afford to sponsor bsb without raping people
Glad I ignored you now when you were singing their praises ! :thumbup: :thumbup:
chris vtr virgin

Post by chris vtr virgin »

b8stard 8O stuck 70 pound on my renewel. Thats after i have 1 years NCD and the bike goes down in value.Then to top it all of, excess whent to £650 up that for a laugh.
So i am now at Carolenash got a far better deal.
:D :D
Some twins have all the fun !!!!
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

I am Insured with them and they tried to shaft me. I have a Fazer 1000 insured with them and just got a Storm, gave them a ring to see how much to add it or insure it instead of the Fazer. They told me that if I added it to policy or cancelled Fazer policy it would be £50 admin fee.

I told them it was daylight robbery just for pressing a few buttons on a pc and pressing print for the policy re-print and it went quiet at the other end of the phone.
They then agreed to only charge me £30 admin fee, so ended up keeping Fazer insured and Storm fully comp from Jan to Sept for £70 including admin fee.

Most insurance firms a using this scam as same thing happened when I changed my car details, easy money for then eh
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
BarryH

Post by BarryH »

I went with Hastings Direct for the renewal. Worked out cheaper than most of the others. Actually had experience of a claim with them on the motor. They were very good. Did have a spatt with them a year or so ago. The spiel they rattle off on the phone contradicts what they put in writing regards cancelltion. On the whole they've been pretty good. Didn't load the policy for mods etc and the excess wasn't massive, especially when Bennetts want 800 quid compulsory!
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

here's my story to chip in.

Last year £68 for third party. They call me to say the 'no hassle all i need to do is agree' option for renewal is a great £148 8O No way - so they go away and press a few buttons - £133 best offer. Forget it. :twisted:

On MCN Compare get TPFT for £56. Ridiculous difference.
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

To bring this one up again - just had my 9th call from them to see if I wanted to renew. Un-effing-believable crap service and systems. :x
Opel

Post by Opel »

It seems that no broker offers any incentive for continuing loyalty. Due to this I’ve constantly, over the past few years, gone from one to another then back again seeking a better deal.

Regarding admin fees, yes they have now become extortionate, but I suppose it reflects the times in which we live.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/mot ... es-go.html The figures quoted are huge... someone has to pay :sad2