Storm on the Track

General Bike chat
bluestoesonnose

Storm on the Track

Post by bluestoesonnose »

I'm thinking of doing a few track days when I get the storm up and running, any one used theirs on the track, was it ok?
JohnD

Re: Storm on the Track

Post by JohnD »

Used to do loads of trackdays on my (now departed) Storm, and regularly embarrass modern sportsbikes :-)

It's a great bike on track - to get the best out of it, it's advisable to upgrade the front forks & rear shock though !!!

Also I can recommend the shock spacer mod (more weight on front for better turn in) AND putting a +2 rear sprocket on (which gives you better acceleration & also shortens wheelbase some more for even better turn in).

Braided hoses on the front also a good idea.

Do it & enjoy :-)

John
gilson

Storm on the Track

Post by gilson »

The storm is a much understated and under rated track bike. As with most hondas, making then easy to ride makes it easy to be confident. With 90% of riding being rider skill, it really does make a track day really good fun.

Those mods are sensible but really you need to do nothing to it initially apart from some good tyres and fuel. As always make sure your bike is reasonably serviced with plenty of pads and the correct amount of oil but otherwise do it.

Good luck and let is know how you get on.
No bike (yet).
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

don't forget to adjust the air pressure in your tyres, what would you reccomend gilson???
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
gilson

Storm on the Track

Post by gilson »

Whatever the tyre guy tells me.
No bike (yet).
JohnD

Post by JohnD »

30 / 30 is a good starting point for road/sports rubber on track I find.... but check it with the tyre guy like gilson says.

John
MissEd

Post by MissEd »

Humm I want to do another track later this year but thought it might be a bit naff on the Storm ... You don't get the same testosterone on corners and pick up is slower....

Maybe I just can"t ride it :confused
gilson

Storm on the Track

Post by gilson »

The best thing about the vtwin is that one can practically choose a single gear and ride the entire track.

At rockingham and snetterton it's mainly third. Then concentrate on picking the best Line around the corners and try to go faster, every time.

On an il4 I spent more time trying to find the best gear rather than riding the track.
MissEd wrote:Humm I want to do another track later this year but thought it might be a bit naff on the Storm ... You don't get the same testosterone on corners and pick up is slower....

Maybe I just can"t ride it :confused
No bike (yet).
Vtrkidda

Post by Vtrkidda »

Never been on a track day but im going to try one this year :crazy: I hope I dont come off :thumbup: my missus got me a car track day for xmas in a subaru sti track car :roll: might turm up on the storm and tell him I dont need the car :x :x :twisted: :twisted: :beer:
Loud pipes save lives!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

subaru sti
Why would you name a car after an itchy knob!!! :D
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF