Sorry about the weather...

General Biker Banter
Murv

Post by Murv »

It's the same every time I buy a bloody bike.
Picked up my Storm a few days ago and it's rained every single day since. And, the long range forecast (up to next Wednesday) shown so sign of any change :roll:
tankslappa

Re: Sorry about the weather...

Post by tankslappa »

Ooooh, it's your fault? TFFT!

I thought it was mine, I washed it!
firestorm1997

Post by firestorm1997 »

don't complain.....we need it. I can't wash my bikes or car due to the hose pipe ban down here..and it's pissing it down. :lol:
tankslappa

Post by tankslappa »

I took mine into the back garden and used the hose (I'm so naughty).

I figured that trying to throw buckets of water up and across into all the nooks and crannies was going to waste far more water than me with a hose complete with on/off triggered spray attachment.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

i don't know what your talking about mate, its 30 degrees here and theres no hosepipe ban... :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
tankslappa

Post by tankslappa »

bigspanishmarty wrote:i don't know what your talking about mate, its 30 degrees here and theres no hosepipe ban... :lol: :lol: :lol:
That'll be because there's no water in the country to pump down the hose!

And we know what you're doing... http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/04/18 ... upervisor/
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Quote: And we know what you're doing... http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/04/18 ... upervisor/

:lol: :lol: :lol:
firestorm1997

Post by firestorm1997 »

Flatline wrote:Quote: And we know what you're doing... http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/04/18 ... upervisor/

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I agree....but think watching grass grow is not my scene. maybe this would suit someone who likes the odd puff or two... :Smoke2: :lol:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

i wish, that would be right up my street...... :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

I wash mine in the rain lol
It's like using a car wash .
Put. Some soap on it move it around a bit and it washes it of for you :)
boz

Post by boz »

Murv wrote:It's the same every time I buy a bloody bike.
Picked up my Storm a few days ago and it's rained every single day since. And, the long range forecast (up to next Wednesday) shown so sign of any change :roll:
Ah diddums,
Can't go out on the storm cos its raining :lol:
I like to polish mine as much as the next man (washing the bike is also quite satisfying) but get out and ride the bloody thing. Over the years my skills have improved with riding in adverse conditions.....apart from when I've crashed. :clap:
CBR900rr Fireblade
Murv

Post by Murv »

boz wrote:
Murv wrote:It's the same every time I buy a bloody bike.
Ah diddums,
Can't go out on the storm cos its raining :lol:
I like to polish mine as much as the next man (washing the bike is also quite satisfying) but get out and ride the bloody thing. Over the years my skills have improved with riding in adverse conditions.....apart from when I've crashed. :clap:
Exactly ;)

Nah, I'm a fair weather biker through & through. I did commute solely by bike a few Years ago but I'm lucky enough to pick and choose when I ride now and the covers staying firmly on until the weather's better :thumbup:

I know you can learn a lot by riding when the weather's crap but sod it, I'm happy just bimbling round when it's sunny :D

(and if you think that's bad I have a carbon fibre push bike which is in the bedroom at the moment, that won't be on the roads until it's dry AND warm :wink: )
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

don't tell BSM about what you've got in your bedroom that's carbon fibre.

Last night I had some water in somewhere as it was spluttering, clunking and misfiring all the way home - nearly pulled off a wheelie in 2nd into the back of a bus when the front started firing 8O
Vtrkidda

Post by Vtrkidda »

Ive been taking out a couple of times in the rain 8O dont normaly but the bike just draws me to ride it and dream about going out on it so stuff the rain

Pain in the but cleaning it after ive been out but has to be done :clap:

Sad or what :crazy:
Loud pipes save lives!
tankslappa

Post by tankslappa »

BigVeeGrin wrote:don't tell BSM about what you've got in your bedroom that's carbon fibre.

Last night I had some water in somewhere as it was spluttering, clunking and misfiring all the way home - nearly pulled off a wheelie in 2nd into the back of a bus when the front started firing 8O
Sounds like a handy excuse...

Sorry m'lord, it wasn't an intentional wheelie, I had a miss-fire, so had to give it a lot of throttle to even keep moving, then the other cylinder joined in... *cough*