Nightmare, urgh!

General Biker Banter
seb421

Nightmare, urgh!

Post by seb421 »

Person who won my Scorpions want's to pay via Cheque i don't want anything to do with cheques or any other means of payment and my listing was paypal only.

if i refuse the sale can this person leave me Neg Feedback?
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
Eclectic

Re: Nightmare, urgh!

Post by Eclectic »

Yep, but is negative feedback really a problem? If you have less than 30 sales it might be. But otherwise its fine.

You used to be able to leave a rebuttal on the feedback, not sure if you still can.

BUT, if you wait for the cash to clear then send? Unless its a mental amount of moneys.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Can't you just cash the cheque and tell the winner he will need to wait for it to clear? You will avoid paypal fees as well, bonus.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
spider13

Post by spider13 »

as above the cheque shoudnt be a problem and as stated no fees,iff it does bounce then he dosnt get the system easy
steve :thumbup:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

way can't these idiots contact the seller before bidding, it ain't difficult.
why should seb have a couple of hundred quid tied up for a week whilst a cheque clears, i've been done with a e/cheque a couple of times now, no problem other than money being tied up.....
why the hell should seb be given negative feedback, it wasn't his fault :x
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

You're very angry tonight Marty, had a bilking? Look on the bright side it may not come to that and everything will sort itself out with all parties satisfied and the best of buds!! Won't be holding me breath though. :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Eclectic

Post by Eclectic »

I hear ya Marty. But if his money is good? It takes no more than three days for a cheque to clear these days. Tell him youll wait till it lears before posting. BUT have your bank check the cheque as their are old scams going around with cheques, as is posted on these very forums.

As for negative feedback, blame eBay. But really, is it that big of a deal? If you have lots of negative then its an issue, one or two here and there is no issue at all.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

i'm chilled tonight guys, i'm just stating none of this is sebs fault, and e/cheques take a bit longer than 3 days. its wierd in this day and age that people are still using cheques. at the end of the day as long as the money enters the account before sending the item it isn't a problem 8)
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Can't you just cash the cheque and tell the winner he will need to wait for it to clear? You will avoid paypal fees as well, bonus.
Yep avoid those Paypal fees. :thumbup: or is it a joint bank account. :shh: don't tell the missis :lol:

Got to agree with Marty though. These idiots can read the listing :roll: so contact and check if it's OK first. Yeh a couple of negs is not all bad when you have bought and sold 100's but I am quite proud of keeping my 100% feedback.

I would just accept the cheque but don't post item out until that cheque is converted to cash in your hand.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
seb421

Post by seb421 »

As Marty said i wouldn't have mined if they had prearranged it with me first, or if it was a member off here but i don't want to run the risk of being scammed by a random, saying I've had payment when i haven't etc or a bouncy cheque etc

Buyer has been back in touch and said will pay via paypal this Thursday so that's ok
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Result then. :thumbup: Sounds like a honest mistake by genuine ebayer.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

After all, if his cheque was good he could have withdrawn the money over the counter, or asked for a branch cheque to be written to you (still no guarantee that it won't bounce after two weeks or so, though), or got Postal Orders- they're as good as cash. (he'd have to pay a premium to buy them, though).

Or just transfer funds into his Paypal account from his bank account, and pay you via that.

What's his feedback like from other sales and purchases?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
darrenmartin

Post by darrenmartin »

hey bud how much did the system go for in the end? :thumbup:
Like Riding Thunder and Lightning
seb421

Post by seb421 »

darrenmartin wrote:hey bud how much did the system go for in the end? :thumbup:
185 plus 15 postage, the start price.

Strange because there was another set that finished an hour before that went for more and they was the low level ones and wasn't in as good condition

Recently there have been bloody loads of high levels pop up this week, what the hell is all that about! sod's law eh.
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
Vtrkidda

Post by Vtrkidda »

Like buses seb the seller might have had more feed back I find with my feedback I can ask more as I'm a trusted seller 1000 plus 100% :thumbup:
Loud pipes save lives!