ebay fiddler

General Biker Banter
seb421

ebay fiddler

Post by seb421 »

wombles piss sick of lying b8stard on ebay

g/f got me this helmet it took nealy a week to arrive and on opening the box find it is not as adverstitsed

was listed as an Arai Corsair when in fact it's an Arai Viper GT

Going to return it ASAP and open a dispute its got Viper GT on the base of the back of the helmet but seller didnt show that in any of the pics, of which there is a good number

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270991331389? ... 733wt_1396
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
Kev L

Re: ebay fiddler

Post by Kev L »

Seb I have the Viper Gt and it's a very good lid mate. It's quieter than the Corsair RX7 as well and very light.

The Corsairs vents are a lot different to the Viper GT but it still flows a good amount of air -
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Big difference between the Corsair and Viper as well. I agree with what Kev says about the noise with the Corsair, it's a common complaint with them. I went for the RX7 GP because Arai designed the neck roll to be quieter and the shape is slightly different at the base.

It would be good if eBay provided a blacklisting and whitelisting for sellers in My eBay. It pisses one of though as you loose out on the postage of having to return and the hassle of it all :(

Lets hope you can get this resolved and maybe get your postage back.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Kev L wrote:Seb I have the Viper Gt and it's a very good lid mate. It's quieter than the Corsair RX7 as well and very light.

The Corsairs vents are a lot different to the Viper GT but it still flows a good amount of air -
Get what your saying Kev but when you belive your getting one thing and are sold a different model its annoying, it is very light I will give you that,
never the less I feel lied to still and going to sort a refund
Had it have been listed as a viper gt I would probably of still bid for it but it's just nice to get what you bid for

Sent from the Bat Cave via Cup and String
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
Vtrkidda

Post by Vtrkidda »

Bloody hell seb you must have a little head :lol: :lol: :thumbup: not like my big head 62
Loud pipes save lives!
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

I do believe the Corsair and Viper are the same shell. Bloody good lids, but I agree, miss-described so you're entitled to moan.

I know how you feel from previous experience.
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
turbo_billy

Post by turbo_billy »

Vtrkidda wrote:Bloody hell seb you must have a little head :lol: :lol: :thumbup: not like my big head 62
Nothing wrong with a little head........... :twisted:
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Mum really likes the helmet and she has a head @ 55cm so going to just give it her as she needs a new lid

found out the helmet model name its an Arai Viper GT Sensu paint scheme as show below

looks to have been a rare helmet but still pissed about this seller lying so going to let him stew for a while with the return

Going to go and get a New RX7 GP in either Doohan TT (ltd edtion) colours

or

Haga Rainbow

this week i think, bloody pricey but helmets last dont they, current HJC i'm on is well past its best at 10 year old, but still doesn't leak water past the visor and is still a good fit.

i tried a Nitro recently Fit was ok'ish but not as good as the HJC took it down the motorway and at 80mph it felt like my head was in a wombles jet engine, could feel my ear wasn't where it should be on the pad and could feel this air getting up from somewhere the noise was mental, didn't need plugs with the HJC but by Christ i needed them with that nitro, (sent it back and said it was wasn't what i wanted, got a full refund no questions asked)

Reading a lot of reviews this latest RX7 GP is supposed to be a lot better with wind noise than the last one with improvements on the vents and the skirt

I do like the Arai Chaser too and find that a comfy helmet and acceptable noise level so hope the GP will be similar
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
spider13

Post by spider13 »

i have two hjc helmets and i think they are the dogs dangly bits,its the only helmet that fits my head perfect one is the matt black is-10 and the other i use for work is the ogri design one which is about 6 years old and still dosnt let any rain in,i will buy another hjc deffinatly
steve :thumbup:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

IMO the Arai Viper GT Sensu paint scheme goes a lot better with the Repsol colours. The Haga one has a pretty wild design. The GP wont be as quite as the Chaser but wont sound like a jet engine, unless you open all vents up as wide as they go and do a ton down the motorway. Make sure you get the right size as Arai seem to be a little larger on the sizing chart than other brands. And Venture Shield it :thumbup:

http://www.whyarai.co.uk/venture_shield.php

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
scott02464

Post by scott02464 »

spider13 wrote:i have two hjc helmets and i think they are the dogs dangly bits,its the only helmet that fits my head perfect one is the matt black is-10 and the other i use for work is the ogri design one which is about 6 years old and still dosnt let any rain in,i will buy another hjc deffinatly
I just bought a HJC too spider, looks brilliant and fits great, but I find it really noisy! Is yours the same with wind noise?

Had a Shark before this one an next to no wind noise. A massive different between both!
seb421

Post by seb421 »

scott02464 wrote:
spider13 wrote:i have two hjc helmets and i think they are the dogs dangly bits,its the only helmet that fits my head perfect one is the matt black is-10 and the other i use for work is the ogri design one which is about 6 years old and still dosnt let any rain in,i will buy another hjc deffinatly
I just bought a HJC too spider, looks brilliant and fits great, but I find it really noisy! Is yours the same with wind noise?

Had a Shark before this one an next to no wind noise. A massive different between both!
I have rode in and tried a few a few sharks and the fit didnt agree with me the helmet want long enough if that makes sence my eye level want where it should be and my chin was lower than the helmet, HJC and Arai (UK shells) fit me perfect.
As for fitting Carl im a 56 and a wee bit so the small is still a great fit nice and secure in the Arai
Know what you mean bout that viper colors and it does look good sat on the repsol tank but got my heart set on an RX7 GP now

Sent from the Bat Cave via Cup and String
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
scott02464

ebay fiddler

Post by scott02464 »

I know what you mean mate that's what made me chose mine, the fit. Since I've worn it a few times now I love how it doesn't feel like I'm 'wearing' the lid, it feels more part of my head (if that makes sense)

If it wasn't as noisy as it is, I'd say it was perfect.

It has the slide down dark internal visor which is a nice touch