Bit of a rant

General Biker Banter
jacko

Bit of a rant

Post by jacko »

A up chaps
Just need to get something off my chest.
I put the storm on here for sale the other week and it did eventually sell. The bloke who bought it was tonyt382. Now he was a decent enough chap and I was hoping he was genuinley going to use and abuse it like it was meant to be.
Unfortunately it is now on the dreaded evilbay and he was obviously a bike dealer. I would just like to opologise to any genuine firestorm lovers for not passing it on to someone who deserved it

Rant over at last
scott02464

Re: Bit of a rant

Post by scott02464 »

Did you get what you wanted for the storm?
boz

Post by boz »

Got to be honest with you fella but what does it matter who bought it so long as you were happy with the price. After all if the bike was that special, you might not have sold it.
I think you are a bit out of order posting this thread. It kind of insinuates some sort of nefarious activity by the member you sold it to. It was his property and he is free to do with it as he pleases. I think you might find that quite a few members really don't want to see such posts. This is nothing personal however and I wish you the best :thumbup:
CBR900rr Fireblade
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Buy it back from him for less than you sold it for - quids in!
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
boz

Post by boz »

Wicky wrote:Buy it back from him for less than you sold it for - quids in!
Better still, get one of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1998-HONDA-FI ... 41699088d6

You'll be as happy as a pig in the brown stuff :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :clap: :clap: :lol: :lol: :lol:
CBR900rr Fireblade
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

It works both ways. There's a few dealers/breakers on here and we get first dibs and good deals from these fellas. It's the luck of the draw and as long as you got what you where asking then there should be no worries. If something is purchased then it's up to them what they do with it. Don't forget you have also saved on eBay/Paypal fees as well.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
jacko

Post by jacko »

Its not that I didn't get what I wanted or the fact that the guy wanted to buy it to sell on and make a bit of cash. We all need to make a living. It just felt like the guy just joined up to make a quick quid
Maybe I aint been the most vocal member of the forum but I've been on here daily for years and I wouldn't dream of joinin a forum to just sell or buy

Maybe I should of just kept my thoughts to myself

By the way nice blade
boz

Post by boz »

Nah your cool Jacko. I am kinda regretting posting that reply and if it caused offense, I apologise. We have all blasted off on this before. Its what we do. We are bikers!!!!! :thumbup:
CBR900rr Fireblade
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

felt like the guy just joined up to make a quick quid
This is one of my feelings over the number of minimum posts before being allowed to use the sales and wants section. There's people that don't join in on the banter and just use the forum as a shop, but like I said it works both ways.

==============================Enter the Darkside
boz

Post by boz »

cybercarl wrote:
felt like the guy just joined up to make a quick quid
This is one of my feelings over the number of minimum posts before being allowed to use the sales and wants section. There's people that don't join in on the banter and just use the forum as a shop, but like I said it works both ways.

Feel the same way. The banter is what its all about.....sh1t I don't even have a Storm now and I'm still hanging around like a bad smell :lol: :lol:
CBR900rr Fireblade
jacko

Post by jacko »

That's why I will still be calling in on a daily basis even though I have joined the R1 darkside
Just boiled my piss a bit when the evilbay advert was virtually a cut and paste and I did love the bike and wanted someone to appreciate it as much as I did

I only ranted cause I new you lot would understand
scott02464

Post by scott02464 »

We hopefully hell sell it to someone who will appreciate it as much as we do mate ;-)
jacko

Post by jacko »

I hope so
Loved the storm to bits but just fancied a change
Defo go for another storm when I get the urge for a twin again :thumbup:
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

jacko wrote: wanted someone to appreciate it as much as I did

I only ranted cause I new you lot would understand

Thing is. The chances are it will be sold to someone who will appreciate it as much as you did. Just being passed through a middleman first. No biggy. As said above somewhere. As long as you are happy with the price why give a monkeys?
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

it all sounds a bit like when the children got their dad (Richard van dyke) to save chitty chitty bang bang from the fiery furnace at the start of the film.
once its sold , its sold.

i never have quite got why there is an issue with people buying and selling stuff on here. obviously if someone is regularly stiffing other members it is, but if not its good old "caveat emptor".

:thumbup:
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.