New Year's Day little ride

General Bike chat
lloydie

New Year's Day little ride

Post by lloydie »

Think I might take the green beast out for a New Years little ride later being as the suns out !

Who else is starting the new year with a ride just to welcome the years beginning
?
agentpineapple

Re: New Year's Day little ride

Post by agentpineapple »

best to start scaring those cagers nice and early mate....... :thumbup:
i might walk around my land making brum brum noises just to feel part of it... :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Marty watch out for those trees. I don't want to hear "broom broom eeeer (on the brakes) smash" :lol: :lol:

I might go for a little spin later as it looks nice out. We got the Sun as well. I only got up, less than an hour ago, slightly hung over. :roll:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

with over 600 trees on the land, they're a constant hazard when pretending to ride a bike....... :lol:
no hangover for me, spent last night baby sitting my little niece.... :D
Last edited by agentpineapple on Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

That ride went well NOT .
I got 800yards down the road and went over a speed bump and all the electrics went off .
Pushed home (up hill) got changed and had a look at the main fuse (blown) replaced it and pop it went again .
So later I'm going to take the fairing off and disconnect all the plugs fit a new fuse and connect one by one to find where it's shorting out ! And hope to find and fix it and get out for a ride .
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

lloydiecbr wrote:That ride went well NOT .
I got 800yards down the road and went over a speed bump and all the electrics went off .
Pushed home (up hill) got changed and had a look at the main fuse (blown) replaced it and pop it went again .
So later I'm going to take the fairing off and disconnect all the plugs fit a new fuse and connect one by one to find where it's shorting out ! And hope to find and fix it and get out for a ride .
Not a great start....good luck in finding the problem !!
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Not a good start!

I had a Bit of a fright last night wheni noticed an oil leak under the new engine.....turns out the sump plug was only hand tight, so lucky that I found that before I went out on it. 8O
AMcQ
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

When's the first ride al ?
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Out and about in the low sunshine to work and back - even needed the tinted visor. Roads are crap, full of holes even worse than last year and we've yet to have the worse of the freezing conditions hit (down south at least.

Still good to stretch the legs and warm the rubber.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
turbo_billy

Post by turbo_billy »

Sun was out so managed a quick 50 miler. Roads were damp and greasy as hell, had the rear spinning up a few times 8O
Must say that was just about long enough as my hands were numb by the time I got back. Still, bloody nice to get out for a blast.
Lloydie, good luck with tracking down the gremlins and hope you make it out later. Just go steady :wink:
firemink

Post by firemink »

New year, new day! I took the Storm out for a quick blast in the New Years Day sunshine, put a grin on my face and made me wish for more dry days. Road was a bit shitty after all the rain' but worth every squirt of the old gals throttle. Out again tomorrow if the weather holds.

Happy New year to you all and get out there. :biggrin :biggrin
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

lloydiecbr wrote:When's the first ride al ?
Not ready yet, I have now done all the jobs EXCEPT cut the faring so some time soon I will have to pluck up the courage to do the irreversible bit :(

Lloydie, I can't remember if it was you, but someone said use 2 dremmel cutting discs bolted together, if it was you what was the thinking behind that?
AMcQ
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Yep, got out today for a 50 miler as well, mostly empty roads

Felt fantastic

Not a good time to find the heated grips not working :lol: :lol: :lol:

Will have a look when I can be arsed
Virt

Post by Virt »

Got out on a nice 60 mile backroad trip to stratford and back through wellesbourne and such. Was such nice weather for it, no sidewinds, sun and warmth :3
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

Hope you find it Lloydie.

Besdt I could do was 20 miles cycling, ave 15 mph so pleased with that. Aiming to do a 100 miler road race type job in the summer starting and finishing in the Mall. Something to aim for.