petition

General Biker Banter
callam_nffc

petition

Post by callam_nffc »

I'm sure some of you heard the story of a biker being killed by an off duty "special" constable whilst on her mobile phone a little while ago.

She got away with it completely scott free, claiming it was on hands free on her lap, talk about looking after your own!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... --lap.html

Anyway, there is a petition for it to get reviewed, feel free to sign it if you wish

https://submissions.epetitions.direct.g ... ions/46695
CBR125 - XJ600S DIVERSION - YZF600R THUNDERCAT - VTR1000 FIRESTORM
I still crave a supermoto...
seb421

Re: petition

Post by seb421 »

Made me sick when I saw that in MCN what a joke!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

There was a Facebook 'Justice for David Bartholomew' campaign to allow people to voice their opinions on the issue and collect funds for a possible private prosecution, but it has been closed after a private prosecution wasn't feasible. The driver has since resigned from her job and IIRC the family have taken that as closure.

Family of biker David Bartholomew have hopes for private prosecution dashed > http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/1 ... d/?ref=rss
She added: “That part of law is such a grey area that there must be a change in the legislation. “But my brother and I need some closure on everything. From the very beginning we have had our hopes built up to every single event and been let down every time. We don’t feel there is very much we can do and we need to let go of it now.”
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

This has been done already. There is already a petition thread for this not that it will help. They should of charged a pound to sign the petition, then donate the funds to his family.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
alternative_vtr

Post by alternative_vtr »

Too many distractions for people driving cars, eating, drinking, texting, putting on make-up, shaving, twiddling with the radio etc etc
Cars are too nice an environment to the point where people loose the plot that are controlling a one and a half ton killing machine if not driven with care.
KTM Duke 690ABS in White
callam_nffc

Post by callam_nffc »

My brother in law was telling me how he saw a woman reading a news paper whilst driving the other day, peoples stupidity never fails to amaze me
callam_nffc

Post by callam_nffc »

Oh and by the way I'm pretty sure that special constables are volunteers, so resigning has no meaning does it
thumperslaw

Post by thumperslaw »

Hippo punt that bitch who did it :Gun1:
98 storm with goodies!

Srad seven fiddy stuntbike

K100 "flying brick"

R.I.P engine number 5