New here and glad to find you!

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
bikernut43

New here and glad to find you!

Post by bikernut43 »

Hey, so I've been mooching around on here for about a week now so I thought I'd finally come on and say hello.
I'm Steve, not from around these parts, or from anywhere really, never lived in anyplace for longer than 4 years, most for less than 1. My Dads from over here, I left in the 90's and swore I'd never return, but due to Dad's ailing health Ive returned, so you may be stuck with me for a year or so...
Anyhoo.....I came across a old Firestorm on Ebay a couple of weeks ago whilst parked up in a layby in London,it may be a total write off, or it may be a simple fixer-upper, I'm yet to find out, but I was basically just looking for something to take away the boredom that I can get out and see the UK on while I'm over here. I usually ride a sports tourer, as I'm 6 foot 7 but didn't think I looked too freakish on my friends superstorm back home so decided I'd giv'er a go.

The Mrs doesn't yet know I have a bike in the garage 8O, or that I used our Tacuma to transport it back from Sheffield :wink: (there's an oily puddle under the rear seats but i figure she will never take them out) :thumbdown: it squeezed in though and I managed to get it out of the back and into the garage all by myself :clap:

All I need now is a beer fridge and and a decent tool kit and I'm all set :beer:
ImageImage
There is a pleasure in the pathless woods,
There is a rapture on the lonely shore,
There is society, where none intrudes,
By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
I love not man the less, but Nature more.
turbo_billy

Re: New here and glad to find you!

Post by turbo_billy »

Welcome to the madhouse Steve. Nice work sneaking the bike home :clap:
Ask questions when you need to, suprisingly enough there are a lot of clever buggers on here :lol:
Just been over your way tonight for the local bike night (Full Pitcher) so maybe see you around when you get the bike up and running as you are reasonably local.
Cheers
Tim :thumbup:
bikernut43

Post by bikernut43 »

Sounds good, although with my mechanical skills Its more probable I'd turn up on rollerskates 8)
ImageImage
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Welcome to the club Steve. Have a look through the workshop section for all the info you'll need to fettle the beasty. Good luck with it. :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Hey Steve welcome along! :)

Have fun on your storm, they're intoxicatingly brilliant bikes.

I'm 6ft 2" + and I'm sure there's lots more room to spare for a longer man like yourself.
Jamie :wave:
bikernut43

Post by bikernut43 »

I'm already fantasizing about a new paint scheme and its not even running yet :D
ImageImage
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

welcome to the forum steve, i think you've beat my record of fitting a firestorm inside of another vehicle, my best was in the back of a black cab.... :wink:
have fun with it, as for your height, we have another member who is as tall if not taller than you..... :lol:
and he does alright.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

Welcome in Steve, its a great forum.

I managed to get a whole storm inside a BMW 316 compact. Was a tight fit but got everything in.
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Jazzscot wrote:Welcome in Steve, its a great forum.

I managed to get a whole storm inside a BMW 316 compact. Was a tight fit but got everything in.
Jesus! That's ridiculous. The things we do for love eh!
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Jamie in Colchester wrote:

**edit** I've just googled Tacuma, how on earth did you get it in there and take it out by yourself?? You must be built like brick out house!
bikernut43

Post by bikernut43 »

It took two of us to get it in, nose and side fairings were already off, went in on a angle, usedblock of wood and a cargo strap to secure it.... I waited till 1am to get it out, knew Mrs would be asleep, its amazing how strong and quiet you can be if you want a bike to come out of the back of a car without waking the dragon!
ImageImage
Tweety

Post by Tweety »

**edit** I've just googled Tacuma, how on earth did you get it in there and take it out by yourself?? You must be built like brick out house!
At 6 feet 7 he should bloody well be able to hoist a little bike... Otherwise I'd be surprised... One wheel at the time, I have done it in several cars that shouldn't be able to hold bikes... :)

BTW Welcome... :wink:
Image <--- The result of OCMD... I gave up listing the mods in a sig line...
Tweety

Post by Tweety »

bikernut43 wrote:It took two of us to get it in, nose and side fairings were already off, went in on a angle, usedblock of wood and a cargo strap to secure it.... I waited till 1am to get it out, knew Mrs would be asleep, its amazing how strong and quiet you can be if you want a bike to come out of the back of a car without waking the dragon!
That can motivate many wondrous things indeed!

On a sidenote... I may or may not have done an opsie on that theme... :)

It seems I was caught on camera last weekend when I was "just out watching" a friend take part in a little racing... As I was crossing the finish line banging fairings with another bike... And according to sources, it's on the telly tonight... I think I shall hide the remote... And myself too, for safety's sake...
Last edited by Tweety on Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image <--- The result of OCMD... I gave up listing the mods in a sig line...
darkember

Post by darkember »

Hi there & welcome :wave:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Welcome :beer: :beer:

The first thing you will want to do is strip all the bodywork off and then investigate the reason for it not starting. Charge the battery, check for sparks at the plugs, check it''s getting fuel etc etc.

You will want to download a workshop manual from the following.
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=9413

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside