Favourite British subject

General Biker Banter
Kev L

Favourite British subject

Post by Kev L »

Good luck tonight chaps, hope no one ends up with wind or flood damage -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25517504
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
lloydie

Re: Favourite British subject

Post by lloydie »

And yeti has only just got power back .
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

you mean to say yeti's garage alarm hasn't been working......and I've missed my chance....doh!!!!
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

:Lol: do you really think that garage would be unprotected !!
You'd be killed just for looking at it !
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

lloydie wrote::Lol: do you really think that garage would be unprotected !!
You'd be killed just for looking at it !
I've personally inspected mr yeti's garage, and very nice it is too...... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Is that a euphemism for his arris??? :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

More Storms ahead.......better tune mine a bit :thumbup:
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I got to head on down the A21 to E Sussex tomorrow on the bike. Mmmm :eek2 It could be either interesting or scary. I'm not sure when to leave really. Leave it until late, afternoon early evening or head off sooner..maybe midday. Options are...Leave late and I can take my time pack clothes, sober up from the last two days etc etc. Leave unstressed and not in a rush. But.... and it's a big but....the weather may be real bad, it will be dark and I don't know what to expect, flood and weather-wise. Treacherous conditions out there possibly :think: I do know the route and roads very well though. Or leave early while still daylight but rushed to get out the door and feeling more stressed, most likely riding off wondering did I forget this or that. Mmmm decisions decisions. What would you do?

OK... I think I need to check out the news and weather reports. Not seen any over the last few days. I may have to reroute if flooded areas. I need an aerial map that shows where the floods are and how bad in Kent and E Sussex. :eek2 :eek2 If your about Wicky (or anyone else for that matter) can help please if poss I know you good for quick links. :wink: I'm going searching but may have no luck. :eek2 :eek2

I'm getting a bit concerned now. :think:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

cybercarl wrote:I got to head on down the A21 to E Sussex tomorrow on the bike. Mmmm :eek2 It could be either interesting or scary. I'm not sure when to leave really. Leave it until late, afternoon early evening or head off sooner..maybe midday. Options are...Leave late and I can take my time pack clothes, sober up from the last two days etc etc. Leave unstressed and not in a rush. But.... and it's a big but....the weather may be real bad, it will be dark and I don't know what to expect, flood and weather-wise. Treacherous conditions out there possibly :think: I do know the route and roads very well though. Or leave early while still daylight but rushed to get out the door and feeling more stressed, most likely riding off wondering did I forget this or that. Mmmm decisions decisions. What would you do?

OK... I think I need to check out the news and weather reports. Not seen any over the last few days. I may have to reroute if flooded areas. I need an aerial map that shows where the floods are and how bad in Kent and E Sussex. :eek2 :eek2 If your about Wicky (or anyone else for that matter) can help please if poss I know you good for quick links. :wink: I'm going searching but may have no luck. :eek2 :eek2

be really careful for crap in the road, o love riding early on in the mornings but there so much crap in the roads after a blowy spell! wait till daylight! unless you have to go early. better safe then storm less!!!

missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
macdee

Post by macdee »

cybercarl wrote:I got to head on down the A21 to E Sussex tomorrow on the bike. Mmmm :eek2 It could be either interesting or scary. I'm not sure when to leave really. Leave it until late, afternoon early evening or head off sooner..maybe midday. Options are...Leave late and I can take my time pack clothes, sober up from the last two days etc etc. Leave unstressed and not in a rush. But.... and it's a big but....the weather may be real bad, it will be dark and I don't know what to expect, flood and weather-wise. Treacherous conditions out there possibly :think: I do know the route and roads very well though. Or leave early while still daylight but rushed to get out the door and feeling more stressed, most likely riding off wondering did I forget this or that. Mmmm decisions decisions. What would you do?

xc weather gives you everthing u need
told you not to but oh no you knew better
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Oh sh1t 8O 8O 8O I just seen the picture of Sainberrys in Tonbridge. My route takes through Tonbridge on the A21 :eek2 OH I can see me coming across a few diversions around country back lanes and stuff. Roads closed etc etc. Yep that's it decided..I'm leaving in daylight with time to get there before dusk. So mid/late afternoon. There may be a bit more traffic and a little more stressful but at least I will be able to see clearly and plough along through it safely. Will just have to play it by ear and go with the flow. (no pun intended)

Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Try not to travel after dark even if you know the roads, as on crimbo eve I almost came a cropper with a fallen tree halfway across the road. Thankfully someone had put a cone out which I only just saw at the last moment and swerved by
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Just watched the weather forecast and it does look like my main concerns are going to be high winds. Lot of rain coming overnight so may be a few extra floods :eek2 I will just have to check Travel News for updates. May even be better to leave it until Saturday morning to leave. Looks like it may better. :think:

lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

[quote="cybercarl"]Just watched the weather forecast and it does look like my main concerns are going to be high winds. Lot of rain coming overnight so may be a few extra floods :eek2 I will just have to check Travel News for updates. May even be better to leave it until Saturday morning to leave. Looks like it may better. :think:

wise words mate. I would not do it in the dark.
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Wicky wrote:Try not to travel after dark even if you know the roads, as on crimbo eve I almost came a cropper with a fallen tree halfway across the road. Thankfully someone had put a cone out which I only just saw at the last moment and swerved by
Was that the tree just as you leave Alresford? Me and Virt swerved round it in my Berlingo!
Jamie :wave: