Morning All

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
zanelad

Morning All

Post by zanelad »

Hello to one and all,

Just popped in to say hello and introduce myself. Been riding bikes since a CB175 in the late 70s. I have a TT600 trackbike and a Laverda 750S that I've had for 13 years. Well, you try selling one :-).

I converted the Laverda for track use, but having used it on track for 6 years, I thought it best to retire her before the inevitable blow up. Hence the Triumph.

I got a daytime MOT for the Laverda for the odd Sunday blast but I want to get something more suitable for regular road use.

I have a yearning for the Firestorm, so here I am.
Kev L

Re: Morning All

Post by Kev L »

Hello mate, welcome to the club. Good value for money bikes the VTR. Good luck with your search.
:beer:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

zanelad wrote:Hello to one and all,

Just popped in to say hello and introduce myself. Been riding bikes since a CB175 in the late 70s. I have a TT600 trackbike and a Laverda 750S that I've had for 13 years. Well, you try selling one :-).

I converted the Laverda for track use, but having used it on track for 6 years, I thought it best to retire her before the inevitable blow up. Hence the Triumph.

I got a daytime MOT for the Laverda for the odd Sunday blast but I want to get something more suitable for regular road use.

I have a yearning for the Firestorm, so here I am.
The yearning will give way to frenzied addiction !! Welcome to the nuthouse :thumbup:
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Hello a welcome the storm is a great road bike when tinkered with hope you find a good one
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Welcome to the asylum :wave:
Jamie :wave:
Virt

Post by Virt »

Welcome to the forum :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
Watty

Post by Watty »

Hello and welcome mate. My yearning for a storm lasted 5 years before taking the plunge 8O , was worth the wait :thumbup: . Oh yeay, then there's these nutters on here that will bend over backwards to help! ( some even bend forwards ) :lol:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Welcome aboard buddy
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

welcome to the best club in the world. the storm can be made as daft or as sensible as you want with just a few years of modification :lol:
AMcQ
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Welcome to the forum buddy, firestorms are great value for money, try and get a well looked after bike with some nice extras, ie, aftermarket end cans, rear shock, db screen and so on, remember you get what you pay for, although there are plenty sub £1000 bikes, Imho I'd pay a bit.more for a low mileage bike with the aforementioned extras..... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard :thumbup:

Chris.
Saintsman27

Post by Saintsman27 »

Welcome M8tey.. hope you find the VTR you yearn for,, got to say though it
could take time ....or lady luck could come your way..it is a good time to look .
Winter appears to be waning away and no doubt twill be " riders of the storm "
emerging slowly from winter hibernation wishing to practice their riding skills .. might
be one tho ... says nay .. I am going to sell it .. pounce sound good ones are hard to
find... good luck.. :thumbup:
chris vtr virgin

Post by chris vtr virgin »

Welcome to the madhoose
Good luck with the bike hunting
:wave: :wave:
Some twins have all the fun !!!!
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

hello and welcome. I have not read through the replies so this may have been mentioned but there is a orange one on ebay or gumtree at the mo for £1000. looks completely standard with 23k on the clocks. depends what your after. good luck in the hunt :thumbup:
2wheelsagain

Post by 2wheelsagain »

G’day and welcome.
I haven’t had my Storm long but buying goodies (some out of necessity) has become almost addictive.
I’ve even resorted to taking deliveries at work so the Mrs doesn’t find out. Bless me father for I have sinned :)

They’re good value if you can keep them going and ride them for what they were designed to do. In other words don’t expect modern performance but regardless of how old they are they will always sound fantastic through a nice set of pipes :)
It may only be my opinion but it's mine!

~ My Bikes 2014 VFR1200F & 2000 VTR1000F ~