A rare Bike.

General Bike chat
bigtwinthing

A rare Bike.

Post by bigtwinthing »

A bloke i know may be selling his Storm. It is a 2001 Reg but the smaller tank model. The bike is a 1 owner 2400 mile bike in totally outstanding condition with Micron cans+ originals. It does look like new. Whats it worth I've said in that good nick but the older model maybe £1600. is that about right? It is "Red" though so not the fastest :lol: :lol:
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
VTRDark

Re: A rare Bike.

Post by VTRDark »

I would suggest a bit more if it's a minter with such low mileage. If you consider that the later models go from around 2k to 2.5k, I would say it's got to be advertised for just under 2k with the intention of getting no lower than 1800. That's my opinion and I'm sure others may disagree, but price is in the eye of the beholder. You get the right person and timing and they will pay whatever it's advertised for.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

£2k + condition is all mileage is a bonus but as it's red and all to common £1800+
vtwin goody

Post by vtwin goody »

If its as you say I'd advertise for £2200 and take no less than £2000
Bertiew

Post by Bertiew »

bigtwinthing wrote:A bloke i know may be selling his Storm. It is a 2001 Reg but the smaller tank model. The bike is a 1 owner 2400 mile bike in totally outstanding condition with Micron cans+ originals. It does look like new. Whats it worth I've said in that good nick but the older model maybe £1600. is that about right? It is "Red" though so not the fastest :lol: :lol:
I saw a mint one of similar age but 8k miles on go for £2200 on eBay the other week.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Only done 2,400 miles, that is very rare, and in the best colour too IMO :lol:

It's got to be worth 2K at the very least I'd say,

Chris.
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

Has it been looked after in all that time, has it ever had an oil change, I am skeptical cause my brothers SV was a minter with low mileage on a 04 plate but as nothing had every been changed only the occasional oil change.

So it started with a corroded spark plug and it has been on going...I know Suzuki's are poor finish but I would now be wary of low mileage older bikes.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

buy it, spray it yellow and double your horsepower :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

I've seen the bike today and it really is as new condition, it has had an oil change each year and done MOT mileage only for the last 9 years, started each week and run up to normal temp run up the drive and back and then turned off. its had the occasional run of 30 odd miles twice yearly!!! id like it but I've done too many mods on mine to start again. I think he would bite a hand off at 2K. ( he is into carp fishing now!!!)
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

theres a minter on ebay atm, and its a late model bike, the fella wants £2200, but I reckon he'd take 2k, its only done 3850 miles.... :eek2
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2001-Honda-VT ... 6016.l4276
I reckon your mates would be between £1800 and £2000.... :thumbup:
hell if I had the spare cash i'd buy one of them, if only I could sell lots of spare parts in the next 24hrs.... :wink:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Another relatively low milage (19k) Storm that you can see what it goes for...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-VTR-100 ... 258c2eec67
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Wicky wrote:Another relatively low milage (19k) Storm that you can see what it goes for...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-VTR-100 ... 258c2eec67
that's a high mileage hack compared to the other two low mileage minters.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
I would always recommend you spend the extra money and buy the best bike you can afford, most sub £1000 storms have many many issues and by the time you've sorted them, you'd have been better off buying the £2000 minter, maybe not as fun, but I've been there and done that... :roll:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

iam gonna try and get it for £1600.
Moocher

Post by Moocher »

Old Bike with low mileage sounds good but check out the tyres. I think there's a recommended maximum age ( I can't recall what it is). My recently acquired bike, a 97 model with 10500 on the clock, had 2005 Bridgestones. Rock hard and a bit too squirmy.