Fuel Tank Prop

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
2wheelsagain

Fuel Tank Prop

Post by 2wheelsagain »

As I can't post in sales and wants yet I'm posting here.

Does anyone know where I can buy a Fuel Tank Prop from? Propping it up with a piece of dowel etc won't cut it for long.

All help appreciated.
It may only be my opinion but it's mine!

~ My Bikes 2014 VFR1200F & 2000 VTR1000F ~
Wicky

Re: Fuel Tank Prop

Post by Wicky »

Honda Special Tool > £5 per meter

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Yep I used a length of 5mm bar to prop it up
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

And I use the length of clutch pipe that lloydie gave me
AMcQ
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

If you referring to the U shaped thing that comes with the Honda toolkit I don't see the point in them. All they allow you to do is remove the rear plug. I prop the front of the tank up with a long 3/8 drive extension bar, the same one I use on my rachet to undo the front mounting nuts. It clears the top of my screen so can easily spin the rachet around fast without crashing into the screen.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Hold the front tank mounting bracket in your teeth, resting your forehead on the screen edge for location and to save hurting your neck after ten minutes or so.
Then with the preferred hand, right if you're right handed, not if you're peculiar, undo the vacuum line, and reaching under the tank with your other hand, loosen and release the drain tubes front off the tank base.
Now, with the other other hand, (following me?) pull the two fuel line off, remembering that you may have fuel pissing everywhere if you have a 19 litre tank, but then, you deserve it.
now, with the other other other hand, disconnect the OLOD sensor and then, not using the full strength of Denture-Fix alone, lift off the tank, with your other, other, other, other hand under the front tank mount, and the other, other, other, other, other,other hand (or an assistant) lifting the tank, never letting the left hand know what the right hand , or hands, is/are doing.
Once you have the tank in mid air, use the other, other, other,, other, other, other hand to clear a space on the workbench to put it down.
Using your other, other, other, other, other, other hand, place a call on your mobile to the significant other/next door neighbour/significant next door neighbour to come to your aid so that you can put the tank down.
With the other, other, other, other, other other, other and other other, other, other other other and other hands, pour yourself a well-earned beer.

The order a tank prop from Ebay; you know it makes sense.
And you're worth it :thumbup:
Last edited by tony.mon on Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wouldn't it be far simpler to get an Octopus.

==============================Enter the Darkside
Tweety

Post by Tweety »

cybercarl wrote:If you referring to the U shaped thing that comes with the Honda toolkit I don't see the point in them. All they allow you to do is remove the rear plug. I prop the front of the tank up with a long 3/8 drive extension bar, the same one I use on my rachet to undo the front mounting nuts. It clears the top of my screen so can easily spin the rachet around fast without crashing into the screen.

The point of them is quite simple actually... Stick it in there, put a towel or something at the rear base of the tank and use a bungy to the rear of the bike, and you can do without something getting in your way at the front... But to each their own...
Image <--- The result of OCMD... I gave up listing the mods in a sig line...