WTB right side (clutch side) case cover

Moderator: VTRDark

Jscobey

WTB right side (clutch side) case cover

Post by Jscobey »

i guess i have a tiny hole in the right crank case cover. about the size of the tip of a pen. barley leaks oil but its enough to bug me. anyone have one they are willing to part with?
High Hindles.SP1frontend.SP2&900rrwheel.Ohlins.SAbrace&spools.AllBalls.jetkit.JE 11.5:1 Pistns.Stg 1 Cams. HPowerstacks.HRCthrtl.SSlines.RadMC.WveRtr.LtWtFlywhl.LEDtail.mosfet.MCCT.DePair.Tailtidy.DM rrsets.Lower.Carbonadis.hugger.sliders.
Wicky

Re: WTB right side (clutch side) case cover

Post by Wicky »

Can't you get it welded tight or just use some metal epoxy as a bodge and along with some silicone adhesive and a carbonadi cover make it stronger than before and looking good as well.

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Jscobey

Post by Jscobey »

well what kind of metal is the cover? also does Carbonadi only make the clutch side? or do they have the flywheel side too? i only see the clutch side on their website
High Hindles.SP1frontend.SP2&900rrwheel.Ohlins.SAbrace&spools.AllBalls.jetkit.JE 11.5:1 Pistns.Stg 1 Cams. HPowerstacks.HRCthrtl.SSlines.RadMC.WveRtr.LtWtFlywhl.LEDtail.mosfet.MCCT.DePair.Tailtidy.DM rrsets.Lower.Carbonadis.hugger.sliders.
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Cast Aluminium isn't it?

If you email Carbonadi, they speak English & Adi is a great guy to deal with to boot, he will make you some very sexy covers for both sides :thumbup:
Jamie :wave:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

+1 adi's a good guy, his engish isn't great, but it's 100 times better than my german, I recently bought a pair off of him, outside of ebay, and with shipping to the uk it cost £82 for both covers.... :thumbup:
he can also do carbon Kevlar weave if that's your cuppa tea.
from paying to receiving was less than 1 week..... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

And he cut's the holes for the access ports in the flywheel side now. Bonus :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Jscobey

Post by Jscobey »

well i filled the very tiny hole with high temp sealer which has worked nicley. i would never do it if the hole wasnt so tiny. it was so small the only thing i could clean it first with was a small paper clip, and even that was too big. i aslo placed an order for both covers with Adi. great guy. considering he has to make them after each order, its a pretty fast turn around
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Sweet :) I'm sure you'll like them. I gave my covers a little stroke before fitting :lol:
Jamie :wave:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Kev L wrote:And he cut's the holes for the access ports in the flywheel side now. Bonus :thumbup:
Only if you ask for them to be done or he will send you one without holes :-( .
Nickcv

Post by Nickcv »

lloydie wrote:
Kev L wrote:And he cut's the holes for the access ports in the flywheel side now. Bonus :thumbup:
I asked Adi very politely if he would cut the holes in mine and he said it was no longer a service he offered.
Jscobey

Post by Jscobey »

Nickcv wrote:
lloydie wrote:
I asked Adi very politely if he would cut the holes in mine and he said it was no longer a service he offered.
there must have been some miscomunication because i just asked Adi and he said it was no problem and that he will do the holes for me.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

I ordered mine last year and they arrived pre-drilled, even though I didn't ask him to. I thought he was doing it to all orders.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

I got mine a week ago and he had drilled the holes for me, he's a top bloke...... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I can understand why he doesn't want to do it!
I've cut holes in several now, and carbon ruins every sharp thing you can use on it.
I ended up using an old centre cap and sight hole cap with a hole drilled through the centre; hold the cover on to the casting and drill through from the inside and you have a centre hole to work out from.
Google for an adjustable plane type worktop hole cutter......it'll do it but you have to keep stopping to sharpen the two cutting chisels.

Another trade secret given away for nowt......
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.