vtr anglsea

General Bike chat
motostorm

vtr anglsea

Post by motostorm »

recent trip to anglsea in pissing rain ,

r1 front end , serviced motor , decent shock

well it did piss rain , but anyone came past us was on wets , had a nice day , treated well
its not the dog in the fight its the fight in the dog
motostorm

Re: vtr anglsea

Post by motostorm »

vtr1000f is a great engine , thats why i signed up , the rest of its pretty lame , but that engine is sweet , love it , honda engineered vtwin big massive cv carbs , ive mine sorted , it handles like a sportsbike (at last) looks like a dispatch hack , im only worried about how it goes :D
motostorm

Post by motostorm »

popkat

Post by popkat »

The guy behind on the CBR is hanging off like Marquez but the bikes upright :lol:
http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
motostorm

Post by motostorm »

popkat wrote:The guy behind on the CBR is hanging off like Marquez but the bikes upright :lol:
it really was wet though

coupla people asked me did i get overtaken just after the pic , but no .. didnt happen , there were plenty of expensive high bhp bikes there on the day , but it didnt happen'

if i had spent 10g on a bike maybe i would have been more cautious myself ! :eek2

firestorm worked great :thumbup:
popkat

Post by popkat »

The way Anglesea tore my tyres up a couple of weeks ago in the dry it looks like it's be quite grippy in the wet, which is good for track days if it rains. Looks like you had fun :thumbup:
http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Knowing what's in your engine I bet the courier bike caught a few people by surprise :thumbup:
AMcQ
motostorm

Post by motostorm »

AMCQ46 wrote:Knowing what's in your engine I bet the courier bike caught a few people by surprise :thumbup:
im on a standard one now , just the r1 frontend , and a wilbers shock , other than that its all standard , i sold the tuned one :sad2 ,

needs must , but as i said we had a ball and were treated great , the storm was great , i did find some of the track really grippy and some parts slippy ,

really hope to get back sometime , and hopefully in the dry , although the thousand cc sportsbikes might kick my ass then , i would say the circuit is very different in the dry , myself and my mate had a distinct advantage in that our bikes were cheap bikes , and the posh bikes were being very cautious ,
understandably ,
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Cheers for sharing Motostorm :thumbup: at least you had fun and didn't bin it, well done :clap:

Chris.