Brake calipers

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Kev L

Brake calipers

Post by Kev L »

Has anyone had their brake calipers powder coated, or is it not advisable? I want a durable finish on them and the painted finish I put on them about 3 yrs ago hasn't lasted that well.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
mattycoops43

Re: Brake calipers

Post by mattycoops43 »

My local coating guy does them, you just have to mask the right bits.
Budget storm gradually on the road to spangliness.
gl_s_r

Post by gl_s_r »

Anodise them?

I did this to mine if it helps.. stripped the gold:

and then anodised black:

you can have any other colours if you like.. they just add the colour:

Why ask... sometime you just go to do it and find out?
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Thanks for that chaps. Hadn't thought about anodizing them Mark. Have to look into that.
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

I like the black ,maybe with red lettering........ :thumbup:
can you recommend a firm mark?
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
gl_s_r

Post by gl_s_r »

I use a Company called Acorn Plating over this way.. I can give you a contact name and number as she can answer any questions you may have. I prefer them as they tend to do a better sealing process that stops some of the colour bleaching in the sunshine.. like red turning to pink etc.

They can do nearly all colours and patterns...

Anyway.. just an alternative suggestion.
Why ask... sometime you just go to do it and find out?
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

I would prefer to go on recommendation as well, if you could post up a number please Mark. :thumbup:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Kev L wrote:I would prefer to go on recommendation as well, if you could post up a number please Mark. :thumbup:
you going for black kev, or is it top secret??????
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Spoke to Jay this evening and said I wanted black, but my trashy trailer park (white wheels!!!) self is tempted by the same blue she has on her bike, the Repsol in the shots. Hmmmmm :think:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Teal would be appropriate for brakes. You would never need to use them :lol:

Blue would be a bit too much IMO with the body work being the same. You have seen Marty's haven't you. Or is this a plan to make yourself more like him :lol: Black is a good neutral colour but to throw another option into the mix. How about Brembo Red.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

I was thinking of just buying a pot of black paint, you know, black fairing, black frame black wheels, black brake calipers. But then I thought no, show some imagination!!!!!!!!! :lol:
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

:Finger:
Jamie :wave:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Kev L wrote:I was thinking of just buying a pot of black paint, you know, black fairing, black frame black wheels, black brake calipers. But then I thought no, show some imagination!!!!!!!!! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: follow your heart kev, release the inner white stiletto, let it be free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i'd still go for black with red lettering if that's at all possible....
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Watty

Post by Watty »

[quote="cybercarl"]Teal would be appropriate for brakes. You would never need to use them :lol:

Ha facking ha Carl :Wave:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

agentpineapple wrote:i'd still go for black with red lettering if that's at all possible....
Obviously a man of exceptional taste :D
Jamie :wave: