Upswept cans!

General Bike chat
Watty

Upswept cans!

Post by Watty »

Right gang, I'm looking to go "Upswept" ( SP 1/2 ) style with my storm cans but not so upswept that I have to change my standard indi's. Any ideas or what have any of you used to get this on your bike? Not worried if I keep or loose pillion pegs but I did wonder if SP pillion pegs would fit/give me what I'm after :? Cheers Mr Watty :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
lloydie

Re: Upswept cans!

Post by lloydie »

Sp hangers won't fit as the hole are off .
So you will need custom hangers and link pipes making
StuartWags

Post by StuartWags »

Not exactly upswept but i thought these where the best i have had so far - wish i had kept the Remus system

Laser system - very loud - had there own hangers which lifted the pillion pegs up higher

Remus Grand Prix - not too loud, nice sound - very tidy fit - needed spacers for foot pegs
bsabloke

Post by bsabloke »

I like the upswept sp1 look.
Thought about chopping end off the offside downpipes & rewelding or clamping, to allow linkpipe to be upswept. Nearside downpipe outlet comes out at 90° so just reposition & reclamp.
Maybe get a spare set of downpipes & try it 8O
Worth a try, no major expense. :thumbup:
Watty

Post by Watty »

Think you can get away with standard links unless you're going mega upswept! I've loosened mine and had cans pulled up a fair way!
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Watty

Post by Watty »

StuartWags wrote:Not exactly upswept but i thought these where the best i have had so far - wish i had kept the Remus system

Laser system - very loud - had there own hangers which lifted the pillion pegs up higher

Remus Grand Prix - not too loud, nice sound - very tidy fit - needed spacers for foot pegs
Quite like both of those Stuart and although I'm not a big fan of high levels they look very neat :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

carl was the only person I know off that had true upswept cans, his arata's were made for an sp1, and the angle of the outlet was correct, not like when you adjust the hanging bracket to give the upswept look but the outlet is at the wrong angle which will allow water to enter the end cans.... :(
btw carl had a real hard time finding indi's to fit, and I really don't think he liked the ones he ended up with, but at least they fitted.
both of stuarts end cans are not upswept, one is high level and the other is mid level.
my two brothers and akra's are mid level.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Watty

Post by Watty »

agentpineapple wrote:carl was the only person I know off that had true upswept cans, his arata's were made for an sp1, and the angle of the outlet was correct, not like when you adjust the hanging bracket to give the upswept look but the outlet is at the wrong angle which will allow water to enter the end cans.... :(
btw carl had a real hard time finding indi's to fit, and I really don't think he liked the ones he ended up with, but at least they fitted.
both of stuarts end cans are not upswept, one is high level and the other is mid level.
my two brothers and akra's are mid level.
Yeah I realise Stuarts aren't upswept Marty, just looking at a few ideas really :? As for rain getting in the outlets I'm a fair weather rider so don't see a big issue :D
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Just borrow a couple of Lloydies disused butt plugs to seal them when not in use. Wash them first, and disinfect them, and bleach them, and probably burn them to be honest! Maybe not Lloydies old butt plugs thinking about it, maybe buy new ones!!
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
macdee

Post by macdee »

what about a set of scorpions with hi level link pipes
some damage to the left can
told you not to but oh no you knew better
Watty

Post by Watty »

Kev L wrote:Just borrow a couple of Lloydies disused butt plugs to seal them when not in use. Wash them first, and disinfect them, and bleach them, and probably burn them to be honest! Maybe not Lloydies old butt plugs thinking about it, maybe buy new ones!!
And use them as crash bungs when not in use 8O :lol:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

his arata's were made for an sp1
Correction.....mine are/where :( for SP2 not SP1. Be aware that the angles are different between 1 and 2. SP1's are more like the Storm and have more of a 90 degree bend. Whereas the SP2 is more a 45 degree bend. I ended up cutting the left link just short of the bend and using a 90 degree mandrel bend to attach the two.

Not perfect but done the trick. It would have been much better if I ever got around to finding someone to make a TI link/mandrel custom made to fit perfectly. I also had an issue with the taper on the Arata link and attaching the mandrel which wasn't tapered.

OM indi'd will most likely be a no go.

As for hangers you can use SP hangers but you would have to reposition the mounting holes. As Lloydie says hole is off.

(:-})
Last edited by VTRDark on Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
==============================Enter the Darkside
Watty

Post by Watty »

macdee wrote:what about a set of scorpions with hi level link pipes
some damage to the left can
Don't really want to go high level, although I do like Kev's set up retaining standard indi's :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Have a look at the Welsh ride out last year, particularly jamie's. probably the most upswept ones that spring to mind.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Watty wrote:
Kev L wrote:Just borrow a couple of Lloydies disused butt plugs to seal them when not in use. Wash them first, and disinfect them, and bleach them, and probably burn them to be honest! Maybe not Lloydies old butt plugs thinking about it, maybe buy new ones!!
And use them as crash bungs when not in use 8O :lol:
:lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF