MOT advisories

General Bike chat
Pem Brooke

MOT advisories

Post by Pem Brooke »

Had 2 small advisories on my Storm's MOT last September...cush drive and a bit of play in rear wheel bearing. Haven't done the jobs yet (only done about 1,500 miles on the bike since), but just interested to know if a test station will pass a vehicle that had unresolved advisories? I'm guessing not...
Twist it 'til it breaks, then back off half a turn.... :eh:
spikenipple

Re: MOT advisories

Post by spikenipple »

Get an inner tube, cut it into strips and put those inbetween the cush drive rubbers.
Check that the spindle nut is done up to the correct torque too, if so and the cush drive fix doesn't take up the perceived slack in the wheel bearings, get some new bearings fitted.
popkat

Post by popkat »

you don't need to show your previous mot when you go for a new one and the info isn't stored on the testers computer.

cush rubbers are fairly cheap to buy and wheel bearings aren't a big or expensive job, if they've been advised get them done, they'll only get worse not better.
http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

It isn't hard to fit cush drive, and I would get the bearing done just to be safe.
Stu9

Post by Stu9 »

Advisories are just that but some are worse than others, I've got one for the front tyre but it's fooked, you can see that
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

Why mess about, Honda original cush drives are about £50, aftermarket ones (which I wouldn't recommend) are about £30, wheel bearings are about £10 both jobs can be done at the same time and will take about an hour :confused
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost