VW

Got any jokes? Add your favourite ones here, for all to share :)
MacV2

VW

Post by MacV2 »

Getting a bit peed off with all these new cold calls & txt's asking if I have TDi & would I like to make a claim...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Wicky

Re: VW

Post by Wicky »

I bet Volkswagen owners are secretly fuming...
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Only if there road tax goes up
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

secretly fuming...

:wink:
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Or not so secretly anymore as they have now been "outed"
:lol:
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
countrymick

Post by countrymick »

at the end of the day dose it matter a toss if your still getting 70mpg.....
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

macdee

Post by macdee »

MacV2 wrote:Image
:lol: :lol: :lol:

wonder whos going to be found out next
told you not to but oh no you knew better
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

I've finally managed to stop smoking.

I just sold my VW on Autotrader.

:smoke1:
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

VTRs and the TPS :D

I wonder how they caught out the naughty software responsible. My understanding is bikes are slightly rejigged to perform well for their emissions test at certain steady rev ranges but as we know the unsophisticated mechanical TPS can be reset with relative ease at the turn of a screw. With these computerised devices it seems they were quite clever and adaptable depending on the situation but the the inbuilt code presumably holds the incriminating evidence of what they were up to.
The device sounds like a sophisticated piece of kit
Full details of how it worked are sketchy, although the EPA has said that the engines had computer software that could sense test scenarios by monitoring speed, engine operation, air pressure and even the position of the steering wheel.
When the cars were operating under controlled laboratory conditions - which typically involved putting them on a stationary test rig - the device appears to have put the vehicle into a sort of safety mode in which the engine ran below normal power and performance. Once on the road, the engines switched from this test mode.

MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Wicky wrote:VTRs and the TPS :D

I wonder how they caught out the naughty software responsible. My understanding is bikes are slightly rejigged to perform well for their emissions test at certain steady rev ranges but as we know the unsophisticated mechanical TPS can be reset with relative ease at the turn of a screw. With these computerised devices it seems they were quite clever and adaptable depending on the situation but the the inbuilt code presumably holds the incriminating evidence of what they were up to.
The device sounds like a sophisticated piece of kit
Full details of how it worked are sketchy, although the EPA has said that the engines had computer software that could sense test scenarios by monitoring speed, engine operation, air pressure and even the position of the steering wheel.
When the cars were operating under controlled laboratory conditions - which typically involved putting them on a stationary test rig - the device appears to have put the vehicle into a sort of safety mode in which the engine ran below normal power and performance. Once on the road, the engines switched from this test mode.

I would have thought it more likley that when the as is normal these days diagnostic computer was plugged in the ''magic'' softwear would regonise this & kick in with the smokefree engine map...then again I could be smoking up the wrong tree ...I'm suprised that no one in the test industry picked this up earlier as surely the 'smokefree' mode would reduce the power or make the engine run like a bag of shite...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

MacV2 wrote:Getting a bit peed off with all these new cold calls & txt's asking if I have TDi & would I like to make a claim...
:lol: very good that one Mac :clap:
countrymick wrote:at the end of the day dose it matter a toss if your still getting 70mpg.....
It probably does matter, as every little bit helps apparently.

I was watching a TV program recently about super planes, passenger carrying aeroplanes that is. The super plane carries 500 passengers and cargo, and this one was going from LA to Paris. According to the program the plane took on board 165,000 litres of fuel, if my maths is right that's 36,295 UK gallons 8O 8O for one flight.
And they say the biggest culprits are the shipping industry for pollution, it certainly makes you wonder how high up the list aeroplanes are,

Chris.
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

I read this a few days ago, its from J1m St0ne Fr££lance....

http://82.221.129.208/ag3index.html
Two big reasons why Volkswagen got busted:
1. They produced the world's most fuel efficient cars, and when the XL1 hit production, represented a huge threat to the climate change scam. Think about it - if all of a sudden fuel economy increased even 5x, (rather than the 10X the XL1 did) it would destroy the entire notion of us destroying the planet by driving.

Consider this: The biggest threat the climate hoaxers claim is CO2. Volkswagen cut that in half with the TDI, in part by breaking the emission system rules that would make it impossible to do if followed. Volkswagen proved the emission standards and systems are a scam that is feeding the climate change hoax. How would a powerful elite climate hoaxer respond to being exposed?

2. They were about to release an electric car, at full production levels, that would destroy the Tesla with a cheaper price, better range, and lower operating cost. Additionally, they evidently had a way to do a 15 minute full charge and an infrastructure plan to deliver it. That would cost what? $15 - 20 billion to do, approximately the amount of that fine? BINGO: Volkswagen was about to invest $22 billion Euros into electric car manufacturing in China! That's way too close to the amount of that fine! DING DING DING!

Now all the news reports are saying how much the scandal benefited the electric car future, but if Volkswagen gets bashed into oblivion the moment they were about to bring it forward, what does that really say? MORE CO2 FOR EVERYONE, CARBON TAX PLEASE!
Food for thought 8O
Big_Jim59

Post by Big_Jim59 »

VW was going after the green car market with a diesel. Does anyone see the inherit problem with this? VW is guilty of telling a lie that people desperately wanted to hear, that they could drive a fuel efficient car, have the power they wanted and think of themselves as heroes of the planet in the process. The problem is it was all marketing smoke a mirrors. There is no free lunch when power, emissions and efficiency are up for grabs.
Last edited by Big_Jim59 on Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Motorcycling is a tool with which you can accomplish something meaningful in your life. It is an art." Theresa Wallach
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

The cure for VW's emissions woes could involve literally 'pissing' up the exhaust...

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn ... cted-cars/