Hello

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
Dendrob

Hello

Post by Dendrob »

Hi.

Picked up my firestorm yesterday. It's an 02 model with 15k miles. My first firestorm. Hopefully the start of a good relationship!

Started riding at 16 years old in 1976. Had loads o bikes over the years. I've tended to favour middleweights (550/600) though I've had a few larger bikes too. I like custom machines. Present stable comprises a completed gpz500 custom, a wip gpz500 custom, a wip cb250rs custom with an xbr500 motor (very early stages) and now the firestorm. So, basically, just two bikes that are rideable!

I live in Yorkshire. Look forward to picking your brains and joining in the banter.

Cheers.
AMCQ46

Re: Hello

Post by AMCQ46 »

Welcome to the club post photos of the gpz bikes too :thumbup:
AMcQ
Dendrob

Post by Dendrob »

AMCQ46 wrote:Welcome to the club post photos of the gpz bikes too :thumbup:
Many thanks.

Photos... would if I could. I use either an i pad or kindle fire and I can't suss how to get photos across.

The firestorm is yellow and bog standard apart from a pair of Beowulf cans (which sound rather nice).

The gpz is not bog standard and most definitely not yellow. A very unimaginative Matt black and bare ally. :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard :thumbup:
Very interesting to hear about your other bikes :)

You've come to the right place if you intend to modify your Storm :D

Chris.
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

Hi and welcome, I'm a recent joiner myself and received a warm welcome. Lots of useful info on here and going to take a while to get through it all.

Might be useful to familiarise yourself with the site as took me a bit to figure it all out (but that could just be me lol) Spanner great, computer not so great lol
If it aint broke, get your bloody hands off it!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

welcome along sir.. :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Dendrob

Post by Dendrob »

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Computer= numpty (but grudgingly admit they have their uses) :oops:
Spanners= half handy :clap:
b8stard file = expert level :lol:

If you treasure the shape of your aluminium as it is, don't let me anywhere near it. :Banned: :lol:
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

Heya :wave: welcome to the forums :thumbup:
adyf

Post by adyf »

Welcome buddy ,where are you ,I,m in Selby , go to squires and seaways a lot even this time of year , we have a Yorkshire rideout in may which is great and you are very much welcome to join us ,helps to put faces to members , hope to meet you sometime ,good luck with your storm and make sure you read cybercarls guides for new owners as they are very helpful ,ady f.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Welcome to the forum mate. Started around the same time as me, so you must be 21 as well!!!!
The easiest way to do the photo thing on the I pad is to load tapatalk and use that :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Welcome along :wave:
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
Dendrob

Post by Dendrob »

adyf wrote:Welcome buddy ,where are you ,I,m in Selby , go to squires and seaways a lot even this time of year , we have a Yorkshire rideout in may which is great and you are very much welcome to join us ,helps to put faces to members , hope to meet you sometime ,good luck with your storm and make sure you read cybercarls guides for new owners as they are very helpful ,ady f.
Hi ady.

I'm in Shipley, which, as everyone knows, is the posh area near Bradford. :lol:

I'll check out the guides, cheers.

I go to squires maybe once or twice a year. My main stomping ground is around the dales, trough of bowland, lakes, north yorks etc. Choice of road would change a bit depending on which bike I'm on.

Meeting up at some point would be good. I'll be on here a fair bit I guess so, see how it goes. I've had a couple of years on smaller/lower powered and older machinery so I'm looking forward to getting back in the swing of 100+ hp, wider tyres and modern(ish) geometry. Last bike I had which fit that category was a 93 fzr1000, kinda streetfighter'd. Sold it year before last. Been running a 84 Beemer r100 for a while, modified, which I sold to help fund the storm.

What drew me to the storm was a hankering to try a big vee twin and the (short) test ride on the storm I was impressed by the motor. Good torque and quite free revving too. I can't help myself from "making plans" and they would be: ditch all the plastic. Ditch the subframe. Get renthal ultra lows on there somehow. Figure a way to make the rads look like they belong in its naked form. More rearset pegs. Lower the gearing. I'm not chasing anymore hp.

Don't get the impression I'm a wheelie merchant, because I'm not. I just like the ride to be raw. :lol:

Cheers

Andy.
Dendrob

Post by Dendrob »

Kev L wrote:Welcome to the forum mate. Started around the same time as me, so you must be 21 as well!!!!
The easiest way to do the photo thing on the I pad is to load tapatalk and use that :thumbup:
Hi and thanks. I've not really any idea what you mean. :lol: load it to what? Think I'd better file some ally to relieve the stress. :lol: :lol: :lol: and :beer:

(Think I've got the hang of the smilies)
Dendrob

Post by Dendrob »

Kev L wrote: .......Started around the same time as me, so you must be 21 as well!!!!
Yeah. I feel great till I look in the mirror or at a photo of myself. :lol:

(I lied about the feeling great. My back sometimes kills me :lol: )
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Dendrob wrote:
Kev L wrote: .......Started around the same time as me, so you must be 21 as well!!!!
Yeah. I feel great till I look in the mirror and see what i look like in a spandex mini skirt.

(I lied about the feeling great. My back sometimes kills me :lol: )

fixed that for you :lol:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol: