Ti sheet

Moderator: VTRDark

Kev L

Ti sheet

Post by Kev L »

I have a sheet of Ti, only lightly licked and stroked, which I was going to use for some exhaust hangers. Now much as I love the stuff it turns out Ti doesn't like me working on it with hand tools. Hey ho back to stainless steel.

Now the reason for my post, I can't see me using this so its up for grabs should anyone want it -

Titanium Grade.5 6AL-4V Sheet Thickness: 2.15mm 301mm x 501mm Weight : 1440g

I got it from E Bay, yours for what I paid £65.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
tony.mon

Re: Ti sheet

Post by tony.mon »

Yep, you can't whittle titanium.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

I even tried my best penknife, giving it a stern talking to and my best "do you want some? I'll give it ya!" Look. Nowt works. Never mind I'll have to talk the Mrs into buying me one of them there water cutter tings. Might need an extension on the garage (lounge maybe!).
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Can you not draw on it what you want and then take it to get aqua jetted cut ?
spikenipple

Post by spikenipple »

You want to get some carbide tools for working on Ti. Carbide burrs will get through it no problem, with a slow spindle speed and plenty of lubricant.