Yellow 'un for sale !

Moderator: VTRDark

stevegringo

Yellow 'un for sale !

Post by stevegringo »

Ok...so I bought my 99 reg storm last July thinking that it was the dogs bollox! :lol: which it was for a while...then I started getting cramps in my legs and aching wrists ! ..now I'm no spring chicken but I'm not over the hill just yet :roll: and I've decided that I need a more comfortable bike for my six feet six ins frame ! Probably be a vfr 1200 or blackbird or maybe even a beemer ! :wtf:

Anyway before I put her up on the evil bay I thought I'd offer it to you lovely lot on here first !

She is an import model with the odometer recording in kph which at the moment reads 42,321 km which equates to around 25k miles , has a full 12 months mot expiring on 01/04/17
just had new chain and sprockets on with less than 150 miles since fitting , serviced last sept ..oil plugs filter ! new tyres last august with 1000 miles use since then . new rear brake pads less than 50 miles ago.

she is pretty clean for her age but compared to some I've seen on here not sparkling ! couple of marks on the bodywork ..namely the pillion seat cowl has a 2 inch crack in it and the left hand top fairing is slightly scraped where it looks like it's gone down off the sidestand ..but these were on it when I got it ! she had high level cans on when I bought her but one can broke off due to the vibrations and obviously the fitting kit wasn't up to it ! so I replaced them with a clean standard set . I will include the broken hi level system if the buyer wants it ..might be able to do something with it !
The reg plate is rather cool it starts with S then has three identical numbers followed by VTR ! again that was on it when I bought it and will stay with the bike .

I will put some pics up when I get chance to take some up to date ones showing the new items recently put on and the damaged exhausts etc..

Not in any rush to get rid , unless I find the perfect replacement for her soon !
Looking for £1500 but am open to sensible offers !
Any questions just pm me or call /text me on 07852484462

Location, close to Dudley in the "Black country ".

cheers Steve.
StormyRob

Re: Yellow 'un for sale !

Post by StormyRob »

Good luck with the sale mate.

Having done a light bit of research it would seem we have very very similar registrations. I've got the same as you only mine starts with a j so I found that mildly interesting :)
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

GLWS sir.. have you tried chopping a few inches of your legs to improve comfort :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
stevegringo

Post by stevegringo »

StormyRob wrote:Good luck with the sale mate.

Having done a light bit of research it would seem we have very very similar registrations. I've got the same as you only mine starts with a j so I found that mildly interesting :)

Thanks Rob ..the bloke who sold me the bike said the reg was worth £300 but I think that is bulls**t ! :D
I wonder how many more storms have the VTR reg ?
Any one else on here ?
Watty

Post by Watty »

GLWS mate :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Good luck with the sale fella :thumbup:
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

stevegringo wrote:
StormyRob wrote:Good luck with the sale mate.

Thanks Rob ..the bloke who sold me the bike said the reg was worth £300 but I think that is bulls**t ! :D
I wonder how many more storms have the VTR reg ?
Any one else on here ?
I did a valuation thing on mine and it was £325 I think. It cane with my bike. You also have the Citroën SAXO boy racer market when it comes to vtr :lol:
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

those checks mean nothing, it all comes down to whether someone wants to splash the cash, I had a plate which meant nothing, but it was b the 2 numbers followed by 3 letters, so 1 number shorter than most plates at the time, it was valued at 600, they couldn't sell it for love nor money.... :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
stevegringo

Post by stevegringo »

Ok , finally got around to putting my storm on ebay yesterday , after playing on my newly acquired Blackbird for the past 2 weeks ! :D

item number 152053375923 99p start and no reserve ! She has to go soon as I am struggling for space in my shed !

cheers

Steve.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

stevegringo

Post by stevegringo »

Thanks Chris , I'm rubbish when it comes to puters! :roll:
stevegringo

Post by stevegringo »

only one day left ! ... :lol:
stevegringo

Post by stevegringo »

well she sold for just over a grand ! ..bit disappointed with that price tbh ...have I let her go too cheaply or do you think that's the going price atm ? :thumbdown: