how much has your storm changed

General Bike chat
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

was just looking over some old pics and i just realised, these bloody bikes suck you in and cause a lot of money :eek2 . i dont even wana know how much but, its been a lot and most of it i didnt need to do..

heres the bike near 3 years ago on my way home from swapping it for a ZX7R.

and now after much swearing and spending

and thats it done?? is is feck ,new pipes on the way this week so, is it a never ending story with these things :lol: ..oh and its had a new fairing since the pics aswell..

oh yeah and the bike i used to get the storm. bless it.

the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
alanfjones1411

Re: how much has your storm changed

Post by alanfjones1411 »

I know the feeling.Dare not add it up in case other half see's it.I sold a ZX9 to buy it and just sold my 1200 bandit for more bling for the storm.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Its hard to be cured lol
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

I don't believe there is a cure, it starts with small costing items, such as rim tap or top yoke cover. the odd £20 here and there, then it gets worse, you desire new end cans, then an aftermarket shock, then get the forks done, then upgraded forks. then a full exhaust system, then rearsets, then engine work, not to mention lashings of carbon fibre and ti. you might as well get put into a straight jacket right now, it'll be better for all concerned.
all said and down, you might spend thousands, but you'll end up with a better (in your eyes lol) personal to you bike. you can't put a price on that.... or can you... :lol: :lol: :lol:
one of my fav sayings is.....when I die, don't let the wife sell my bike for what I've told her it's worth...... :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

agentpineapple wrote:I don't believe there is a cure, it starts with small costing items, such as rim tap or top yoke cover. the odd £20 here and there, then it gets worse, you desire new end cans, then an aftermarket shock, then get the forks done, then upgraded forks. then a full exhaust system, then rearsets, then engine work, not to mention lashings of carbon fibre and ti. you might as well get put into a straight jacket right now, it'll be better for all concerned.
all said and down, you might spend thousands, but you'll end up with a better (in your eyes lol) personal to you bike. you can't put a price on that.... or can you... :lol: :lol: :lol:
one of my fav sayings is.....when I die, don't let the wife sell my bike for what I've told her it's worth...... :lol: :lol: :lol:
lol very true... just about everything that the postman brings me is, another £20 or swap bit for the bike of the vtr site lol... so far its working lol
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

If I kept a bike for more than a year it'd probably change a fair bit, but rather than buy new parts I just buy a new bike. Loads more fun!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Well piggy is always changing tho never been fully built but kermit started out like Imageand went like Imageish !
Tho piggy has nearly cost me 3/4 of what kermit did and I've not really started to mod it yet !!
I did work out kermit was into the 6k mark then I drank a large bottle of rum to forget it .
Last edited by lloydie on Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

fabiostar wrote:
agentpineapple wrote:I don't believe there is a cure, it starts with small costing items, such as rim tap or top yoke cover. the odd £20 here and there, then it gets worse, you desire new end cans, then an aftermarket shock, then get the forks done, then upgraded forks. then a full exhaust system, then rearsets, then engine work, not to mention lashings of carbon fibre and ti. you might as well get put into a straight jacket right now, it'll be better for all concerned.
lol very true... just about everything that the postman brings me is, another £20 or swap bit for the bike of the vtr site lol... so far its working lol
It's bad when your post man knocks on your garage door carrying a package .
If no answer there he calls me and asks where I want it left or if it's OK to knock the door !!!
My post man is a goodun .
monkeymatt

Post by monkeymatt »

lloydie wrote:Well piggy is always changing tho never been fully built but kermit started out like and went like ish !
Tho piggy has nearly cost me 3/4 of what kermit did and I've not really started to mod it yet !!
I did work out kermit was into the 6k mark then I drank a large bottle of rum to forget it .

Wish mine was near the 6k mark
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

monkeymatt wrote:
lloydie wrote:Well piggy is always changing tho never been fully built but kermit started out like and went like ish !

Wish mine was near the 6k mark
It was 7k ago !!
StuartWags

Post by StuartWags »

hmmm changed !!!!!!!??? .... well since it is Easter..... more of a reserection

I found some of it in a job lot

And a few job lots later ..... Frankinstorm was reborn
Image :Smoke2:

There have been several modification since .... but that usually involves taking off any good bits for other projects and replacing them with the buggered bits...

but i has proven to be good on and off road for a number of years now

agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

mine has gone from this.....
to this.....
ohlins
akrapovic
revolution racing
PFM
to name but a few of the costly changes.... :(
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Mine hasn't changed in the slightest..... Still completely stock 8O

Well the bodywork is :lol:
AMcQ
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

i'm just trying to remember the exhausts I've has along the way...

full systems
--------------
ti akrapovic
s/s two brothers
ti unknown big bore race system

end cans
-----------
arrows alloy
remus s/s and c/f
scorpion high levels
rainbow ti moriwaki's
renegade c/f round cans
unknown s/s round cans
set of unkown s/s stubbies
i'm sure I've missed a few hahahahaha
thw worst part is, the more you tinker, the rarer and more expensive parts you want
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

agentpineapple wrote:i'm just trying to remember the exhausts I've has along the way...

full systems
--------------
ti akrapovic
s/s two brothers
ti unknown big bore race system

end cans
-----------
arrows alloy
remus s/s and c/f
scorpion high levels
rainbow ti moriwaki's
renegade c/f round cans
unknown s/s round cans
set of unkown s/s stubbies
i'm sure I've missed a few hahahahaha
thw worst part is, the more you tinker, the rarer and more expensive parts you want
And I thought I was bad with exhausts ,I have nothing on you !!

ART titanium ovals
Hi level round Ali
2-1 scorpion
2-1 Leo vince carbon
Viper round Ali
Quill titanium ovals
Akrapovic up swept
Moriwaki/viper
Yoshi/viper
And standards