TYRE LIFE

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
tony.wilde1

TYRE LIFE

Post by tony.wilde1 »

sorry its about tyres but i have metz sportec m1's on me bike and the rear is nearly on wear lines already and ive only done 4000miles ....of average riding...is there tyres with a little less grip and more milage i can try next?was thinking about macadams...cheers. :)
Max

Post by Max »

I've got Macams on mine and you really dont want them, I've been trying to wear them out for 18 months.....
tony.wilde1

Post by tony.wilde1 »

8O do go on max.................
Max

Post by Max »

I appologise to all those from Sunderland, I really meant macadams. Now thankfully due to be replaced probably with 020's. I am hoping to do a trip upto see roger and that should kill them off.
tony.wilde1

Post by tony.wilde1 »

what milage you get from them max?
dkt1376

Post by dkt1376 »

your lucky to get 4000 miles out of a metz m1, im knocking out rear pirelli diablos in around 1500 to 2000 miles, as for the mich macdams i would not wish them on anyone but 1200 bandit owners.
the bridgestone 020s is the way to go if u want good mileage and reasonable grip.
im just about to change mine but im gona try the new avon vipers on my bike. thats the good thing about working for protyre in plymouth, i get to try the latest tyres for a very cheap price :D :D :D :D
a landrover d2 and a ktm, i had to have a honda to restore relability in my life.
Max

Post by Max »

I've done 2500 on the back tyre and it was worn when i bought the bike !!
the tyre is horrible though, you can feel it slideing as soon as you hit the throttle. the macadam on the front is real bad it gives no confidence in the front end at all.
tony.wilde1

Post by tony.wilde1 »

ok cheers you two..whatever i get will be a compromise i guess...grip verses wear.. :?
Fester

Tyres

Post by Fester »

I've just put BT010s on my Storm, replacing the Macadams. Must say I didn't find the Macs too bad at all, maybe a little twitchy in the damp/wet, but in the dry I had the heros down and also scuffed the bottom of the fairing lowers (Powerbronze). Front lasted 5500, rear 6800.
fester
mecon

Tyres

Post by mecon »

Re tyres on vtr - anybody rate Dunlop 208's ? Mine had the c 8O 8O p 204's when I got it and they were real :eek2 . I use the bike for a 60 mile round-trip swingy A road commute so I would like good grip and reasonable wear. The rear 208 is shagged on the edges at 3000 (down to the wear marks) but the centre's got a way to go (front is nearly on edge marks). Any thortz :?:
markg

Post by markg »

Macadams on mine now as it was getting a bit costly with the sporty rubber wearing out after about 3500 miles.
Got to be honest,they haven't got as much feel as Bridgestones but they ain't bad,just pays to give em a bit longer to warm up.done about 5000 on the back and it still looks to have a couple of thousand left in it.Must admit I wouldn't be wanting to used Macadams for a track day but for road use I think they are a good compromise between grip and wear.Last time I bought Macadams I got em from M+P,£134 for a pair,not bad methinks :wink:
mecon

Tyres

Post by mecon »

markg,
Yeh, bluddi good price, blue :biggrin . I lumped 'bout 170-ish sovs for my D208's, but that included fitting, valves and a balance :lol:

The real problem is that tyre-time always seems to (big word coming) coincide (phew :!: ) wiv TAX-time - bummer :evil: :evil:

mecon
tony.wilde1

Post by tony.wilde1 »

this feedback is good now for me ...i very rarely ride in the rain ,and ill never do a track day either...macs are definatly on the list now.thanks for replies. :wink:
RQ

Post by RQ »

I had a d208 on the rear of the Storm and it lasted about 6k. It was shite in reality, and only did the basic of giving me contact with the road.
RQ.
The Stig of 2 wheels as well as 4 !
mecon

Tyres

Post by mecon »

RQ,

Thanks muchly :D . I will try the 014's next change.
--
mecon

(finks - icon, mycon, mecon - woohoo)