Later model carbs

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
playerone

Later model carbs

Post by playerone »

Anyone know what the standard set up is on the later model (if there's any difference). It needs set up properly with the stubby cans on so taking for a dyno run to get a starting point later today and it would help if I could tell the guy the basic set up.
Cheers :thumbup:
VTRDark

Re: Later model carbs

Post by VTRDark »

Very little difference apart from the PAIR. Basically the same as the early years. 175 / 178 mains 48 pilot. But there is no such thing as a standard setup when you have non standard parts. That's why it called tuning as they will need to be dialled in. The shorter cans I think will give you a little more top end at the sacrifice of loosing some lower end. You would be better off to not say anything to the dyno guy before the run as they could very easily adjust their software to make it look better than what it is. ie give you a higher BHP reading bragging rights and you walk away happy. If they have asked you then go to a diffrent dyno tech. Have you got adjustable needles /aftermarket jet kit installed. Time to get down and dirty with your carbs me thinks.
==============================Enter the Darkside
playerone

Re: Later model carbs

Post by playerone »

the sizes where exactly what I was after, didn't know if they used bigger mains in the later model :thumbup: I've no interest in the bhp, just want to know where its lean and get his recommendations as to what it needs, got a dynojet kit coming next week and an experienced carb player abouter from the forum in the form of Pete L to help me get it dialled in :beer: