Dunno suppose it goes here: Zero pipes warnings.

General Bike chat
RedStormJ

Dunno suppose it goes here: Zero pipes warnings.

Post by RedStormJ »

Zero made or makes a titanium header with a nice collector and a bit more rear header. It looks great in photos. But two things. They cut them or mine at least so that the pipe joins at an angle with another piece at the rear header this is bad two fold. one it reduces flow at the kink and two it almost rubs the pan.

Now this isnt like stocks cockjob. They have a clean seam. The other warning is your stock pipes will not NOT fit. I tried many different ways.

The good: They weigh less than stock. Have not weighed em yet. They sound great open header. Nice big pipes. No rust. Mostly fit good. Great design minus the kink.

OVerall im happy so far but dont think you can buy this without either modifying making or buying some cans. I myself am going to try to make a two into one into two muff for now. :thumbup:
lastly why would you want to run stock pipes with this header. They weigh a ton and flow terrible. I just wanted them for temporary.
Wicky

Re: Dunno suppose it goes here: Zero pipes warnings.

Post by Wicky »

Sounds like you need matching Moriwaki cans and link pipes for your headers. IIRC for some race systems you'll need a modified sump.

Don't cut em up as you'll render them useless and worthless.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Pictures ! Where are the pictures ?
RedStormJ

Post by RedStormJ »

Pictures! Ha ha ha not until I get my phone youll be on the edge of your seat for about a month. I have decided to make an aluminum can A single like QD makes for the Duc. Its an inspiration from Crux hes on both forums.

As for cutting them I cant even think about it until I get my tig welder. It may just be time for me to buy another or have mine shipped. I might cut them some day. But after testing it out with a steel replica. I am no fool when it comes to chopping and mangeling pipes. Ive done my share of good and bad jobs. Worked on a 7 second civic and accidentally put a power robbing "Race" system on my v8.

I got these so dirt cheap. about 50 of your sterling. I just chucked them up in the garage after a test fit. They may be going on the "second bike"

Ya see I have this cbr100rr swinger with rim a mold for a cf tank. a spare engine and now a TI header... Going to be a whole bike before I get any parts on this thing. And to tell the truth the next buy wont be cans... More likely the bagging material and resin for my tank. I ran out of gas again the other day.
carmanbikes

Post by carmanbikes »

I will take them off your hands if you don't like them :D
RedStormJ

Post by RedStormJ »

Yeah right. These are the nicest pipes I could find without spending buko bucks.
I just thought a stern warning should come that they are not plug n play without the cans. Also they really should have fixed the join angle.

There are better pipes but your going to be spending heavy.

I may buy some Titanium sheet bend it and join it with carbonfiber to make a silencer box. Or I may rivet titanium and aluminum and call it a day. This not having a tig welder BS is getting really old.
carmanbikes

Post by carmanbikes »

RedStormJ wrote:Yeah right. These are the nicest pipes I could find without spending buko bucks.
I just thought a stern warning should come that they are not plug n play without the cans. Also they really should have fixed the join angle.

I may buy some Titanium sheet bend it and join it with carbonfiber to make a silencer box. Or I may rivet titanium and aluminum and call it a day. This not having a tig welder BS is getting really old.
You got any pic's of them, I have the zero end can but no headers but haven't seen any for sale :sad2
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

Could you post a pic of this "join angle" you are talking about?

Mori pipes are some of the best you can get for a VTR. Personally I have never had an issue with any Mori part.
There was a reason Honda used Mori as the development house for the VTR program in Japan :wink:
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

RedStormJ wrote:Yeah right. These are the nicest pipes I could find without spending buko bucks.

Any full race system won't match standard parts as it's made in a different way to produce more flow .
When I had my mori stage 1 headers (yes they maked stage 1 &2 both are different ) I had to make my own link pipes as I didn't get the cans with it .