Tax Rebates

General Biker Banter
StormyRob

Tax Rebates

Post by StormyRob »

No I am not trying to sell anything!

I could never be bothered checking if I'd be due any kind of rebate. Last time I called the tax man he said my tax code made up for it.

Anyway I tried a company and literally just filled out my details. Did not so anything else and I have 72 pounds on the way. Not a lot but never knew I was entitled to it. In actual fact my entitlement is around 100 but the company takes about 25 percent. Quite a lot I suppose but I just couldn't be bothered.

Maybe some of you wear a uniform or similar? Maybe you pay into a federation or union?
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
alanfjones1411

Re: Tax Rebates

Post by alanfjones1411 »

I had an email telling me I was entitled to £754 rebate for tax year ending April 2016.just send bank details and money will be transferred to my account. I Haven't worked for 11 years but makes you wonder how many people fall these scams.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Yes they're obvious scams though in my opinion.

I sent my details off through a specific company so only paid attention to their emails etc.

Worth a shot for some of you.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

makes you wonder how many people fall these scams.
I think you may be surprised how many people fall for them otherwise they would not bother.
==============================Enter the Darkside
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

[/quote]I think you may be surprised how many people fall for them otherwise they would not bother.[/quote]

Oh I have seen people fall for all kinds of scams. They're the scum of the earth and unfortunately they usually (almost always) get away with it.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

What you have done is basically pay for a service in the same way as companies offering to claim PPI from the banks on your behalf do. Saves having to deal with all the paperwork and hustle yourself so fair enough.

On the subject of scams, I wont answer my phone anymore unless it's a number in my contacts as there are so many phone scams now including those that make money from folk simply answering the call. Then there's the Microsoft tech support "we see your computer has a virus" scams. That one has been going for years and similar variations of it. The problem with them is that majority of them almost always originate from abroad so nothing can be done about them. There's a lot of good things about the digital world but it hasn't made it any safer.

What happens if you play along with a Microsoft 'tech support' scam?
http://www.wired.co.uk/article/malwarebytes

The biggest scum are the ones knocking on doors that take advantage of the old and disadvantaged, then try to sell things like orthopaedic chairs, mattresses, double glazing etc and either ripping them off or simply casing the place to rob.

Here's the best way to deal with strangers at the front door. I love this....short and sweet and ever so simple :lol:

[youtube][/youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qxev8L27Lo
==============================Enter the Darkside
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

:lol: :lol:
He absolutely freaked out!
oldburnthippy

Post by oldburnthippy »

I got a tax rebate on my fire Service pension.

I don't PAY tax on my FS pension.

I love the Tories. :beer: :beer: :beer:
My darling wife has many faults
But I have only two
Every bloody thing I say
And everything I do
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

trod carefully here.
from previous experiences it opening a can of worms. once they get hold of you its a pig to get rid of them.

But every now and again it is well worth it.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time