Mosler MT900 1 : VTR1000F 0

General Biker Banter
Seeker 77

Mosler MT900 1 : VTR1000F 0

Post by Seeker 77 »

Just got back from an extended trip to get a pint of milk :wink:

On my way home through the local Army training area i came up behind one of these http://www.abercon.co.uk/vtr1000/cpg/th ... hp?album=3

I naturally thought wow, its about 9 feet wide at the back and sounds louder than mine!!

He saw me come up behind him and started to go for it. Naturally being a red-blooded male i followed and found to my dismay that not only was he quicker than me in a straight line but he thrashed me round the corners as well. Luckily for me he stopped and got his photographer to take some photos, otherwise i feared i might never catch him.

BTW this is not an invitation for lots of insults about my riding competence. I can ride (i'm no Rossi mind).

1 of 75 in existence apparently. Stupid fast, lucky b*stard
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

Alienist

Post by Alienist »

Nice car, never seen one before. What was he doing cruising around with a photograher?? Waiting to bait poor trusting VTR riders into racing him and then photographing the triumph??
My other job is navigator on an Intergalactic
Spice Freighter

Red (of course) 99 storm. Vance & Hines SS2 cans, Dynajet kit and K&N filter.
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

They were doing some PR photos for the first Mosler dealer in the UK which happens to be in Ash Vale near Farnborough. He is the first person in the UK to take delivery. Show off :cry:

Says the man with the bright yellow VTR!!!

And indeed there is the exact culprit

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News_Article.a ... 462&EL_ID=
Alienist

Post by Alienist »

I'm sure the photographer was bitterly complaining about having to ride shotgun as well :D Why didn't they just make it 100,000. It would be much easier to work out whether to give them your first or second born :lol: A blind man could see you on your safety yellow VTR 8) Be nice to have that much money to splash around, I'd buy a country and turn it into a race track. Selfish I know, but it's my dream :twisted:
My other job is navigator on an Intergalactic
Spice Freighter

Red (of course) 99 storm. Vance & Hines SS2 cans, Dynajet kit and K&N filter.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Hi Mellis, you shouldn't feel gutted that he thrashed you around the corners, a powerful car is always going to be quicker than a bike going around corners, see how much rubber he has in contact with the tarmac compared to a bike :!:

Good looking car though 8)

Chris.
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

You're not wrong mate. He had 420/25/20 wheels on the back, thats 42 cm wide 8O 8O 8O 8O

I was more surprised at his acceleration rather than the cornering speed. He just disappeared.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

mellis wrote:You're not wrong mate. He had 420/25/20 wheels on the back, thats 42 cm wide 8O 8O 8O 8O

I was more surprised at his acceleration rather than the cornering speed. He just disappeared.
I remember the sidecar racing in the IOM at the gooseneck they were
getting the power on much sooner than any bike could, amazing stuff :!:

Chris.
yellafella

Post by yellafella »

So its a 'vette ? Okay, slightly modded ! :D
Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

Tweaked here and there!!! I think its the weight that makes it so quick or lack of it. 0-60 i was with him and indeed catching but as soon as i dropped third he was gone. Power was just immense. I think i could have stayed closer to him if i had been in my leathers but i was in jeans and was ever so concerned about my kneecaps 8O 8O

Amazing noise though.........
bluesman

well

Post by bluesman »

I would not be worried about it :)
If you want to race him - rent a GSXR1000K5 and trash that Mosler 5-6 times until he will feel gutted :lol:
Or - even better - rent a Busa.
You see, point is: how much that thing cost? Right, it costs like 10-12 Firestorms. How much of power and handling you can have for half of these money with bike? I'd say 200 bhp at rear wheel from CBR1000RR easily. Guess what will happen on straight? Yep, you can trash him even with front wheel in the air.
It's just about comparing apples to apples...
And - get him to bumpy road - Storm will be a bit difficult but bearable, but supercar will lose big chunk of it's spoilers on each bump and few driver's teeth :lol:
The problem is that bike rider need to be much more skilled that car driver to be same quick, so we are superior to them anyway :lol:
Just joking :lol:
4 wheels moving body, 2 wheels moving soul
Max

Post by Max »

I think the most incredible thing is that it uses more fuel than the storm which I thought was impossible 8O
bluesman

Post by bluesman »

we went on trip to France and back just week ago for 3500 km. My friend drives FZR1000 EXUP from 1995, in perfect state. His and mine consumption was exactly same - so same, that we agreed that each of us simply fill up both bikes in turns. But he got 21 liter tank, so nobody notices how much it eats. And his bike eats almost 1 l of oil every 1000 km (typical of that model of Yamaha, nothing wrong - just eats lot of oil unless you keep it very hot) while Storm ate no oil at all.
Problem is not consumption, problem is size of tank... :cry:
4 wheels moving body, 2 wheels moving soul
Max

Post by Max »

true, sadly.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

bluesman wrote: My friend drives FZR1000 EXUP from 1995, his bike eats almost 1 l of oil every 1000 km (typical of that model of Yamaha, nothing wrong - just eats lot of oil unless you keep it very hot) while Storm ate no oil at all.
Problem is not consumption, problem is size of tank... :cry:
A mate of mine use to have a Thunderace which drank about the same amount of oil as your mates FZR1000 EXUP. I wonder what the R1 is like :!:

Chris.