General Biker Banter
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Interesting Kaz :!: but obviously not good :!:
Rincewind

Post by Rincewind »

personally i'd be asking to see the HPI certificate

cos if it has been HPI'd, then he has some come back to them for providing incorrect info, which is the whole point of HPI

if no HPI cert, he has the dealers bang to rights.....
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

Doesn't matter - the onus is on the dealer to prove there was nothing wrong with it when they sold it.

If it shows as a ringer through an HPI check, then they're already at fault, certificate or not.

Not only should the lad get his money back, but I'm sure the police will be wanting words with DK.
Voted most likely to be found dead in park bushes following an act of autoerotic asphyxiation.
feef

Post by feef »

it wasn't a ringer.. but it WAS dogy:
"The bike has a 1996 frame with the numbers from the 2003 bike stamped into it. This stamp error was overlooked by D&K and the police are satisfied that there are NO charges to be brought.

The frame from the 1996 bike was NOT stolen!!

The bike should have been SVA tested not mot'd and it should have been put onto a 'Q' registration or scrapped.

Quote from D&K motorcycles manager Mr Neesam:

"I was unaware that the bike was put together in this manner however i was aware that it had been damage repaired.
If Mr Holt wishes to have a refund we will be happy to do so, if he wishes to choose another bike then he is welcome to come and choose a replacement."
FJR1300
YZF1000 Thunderace
VTR1000 Firestorm
FZR400
DR350S
slim_boy_fat

Post by slim_boy_fat »

I would be carefull of "slagging off" dealers on a public forum, especially when you get your facts from other forums.

Just an observation
It's here.........
Squiffythewombat

Post by Squiffythewombat »

slim_boy_fat wrote:I would be carefull of "slagging off" dealers on a public forum, especially when you get your facts from other forums.

Just an observation
a) its the internet and freedom of speech means you can say loads of different things

b)im registared on the forum where the guy was posting (both BCF and GS) and hes not slagging anybody off, hes just stating whats happened.

c)try a google search of DK Motorcycles and see what comes up, they are a bunch of cowboys!

Stay clear of DK Motorcycles, they are one of the worst uk dealers ever!
Squiffy_The_Wombat

Eagles may soar but wombats dont get sucked into jet engines!!
slim_boy_fat

Post by slim_boy_fat »

Squiffythewombat wrote:
slim_boy_fat wrote:I would be carefull of "slagging off" dealers on a public forum, especially when you get your facts from other forums.

Just an observation
a) its the internet and freedom of speech means you can say loads of different things

[/size]
lols

Yes you can say what you want.

Just as long as you accept the responsibility for what you say. Or dont you like that part of the deal. :roll:
It's here.........
Squiffythewombat

slim_boy_fat wrote: lols

Just as long as you accept the responsibility for what you say. Or dont you like that part of the deal. :roll:
How else do you think sites like the Macdonalds spotlight work?

100% i accept the responsibility, its my opinion at the end of the day, i dont state it as gospel. Slander is something completely different, please dont percure to lecture on subjects you have no knowledge of.
Squiffy_The_Wombat

slim_boy_fat

Post by slim_boy_fat »

Squiffythewombat wrote:
slim_boy_fat wrote: lols

How else do you think sites like the Macdonalds spotlight work?

100% i accept the responsibility, its my opinion at the end of the day, i dont state it as gospel. Slander is something completely different, please dont percure to lecture on subjects you have no knowledge of.
Please don’t presume to know anything about me, a subject I can happily say for sure you know nothing about, start walking the walk and not just talking it please... Thank you...
It's here.........
RAINMAKER

Post by RAINMAKER »

Seen similar dealer problems on Suzuki site.

Probably every dealer has bad day.........lots of stories all over the web about bad experience........

to be honest I've been ripped off, but then having worked in a dealers myself I sort of know how the game works.

Now in trading in my bike I got more for it from the dealer that thought he was ripping me off than from the main BMW guys

all comes down to homework, find out whos the junior salesman, what day off the boss has then make your move. Always let them think they are in charge of the deal.
it may be clever, but its not big.
Squiffythewombat

RAINMAKER wrote:
all comes down to homework, find out whos the junior salesman, what day off the boss has then make your move. Always let them think they are in charge of the deal.
Nice idea there, bit of social engineering at work :-)
Squiffy_The_Wombat

eddvtr1000

Post by eddvtr1000 »

no homework with dk's, first bike ever bought cbr 600 from them with service history" super bike mate" and the usual" service is great here"
6 months down the road find out the cams are shagged coz its an old track bike and as for getting the bike serviced under warrenty hahahahahahahahaha.
dk's =juggler's and i can still pin point the sales man(big scotts guy) that sold me the sh#t heap.
4 cyl = 2ltr , 2 cyl = 1ltr it's all relative.
eddvtr1000

Post by eddvtr1000 »

aye up kaz, been busy. oh so busy the bosses at work think ive got nothing better to do than turn up and get sent to bleedin irland etc. i was going to get in contact with our mates over there but i couldnt get on the site?
anyhoo ya know me, quietly sitting in the corner behaving myself :wink:
hope everone is ok, ive not missed anything have i?
4 cyl = 2ltr , 2 cyl = 1ltr it's all relative.
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

Interesting. Looked at this bike as it was going cheap (sticker price on 'screen says 2,999ukp). Rang 'em and rep was honest enough to say it'd been up the road and resprayed. Not bad job but far from mint. He also said that they eBay the ones they think are the least likely to sell in the showroom!!!!

See http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1998-HONDA-VTR-10 ... dZViewItem