My Firestorm!

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
mwross1964

Re: My Firestorm!

Post by mwross1964 »

Chris where did you get your belly pan
anything with wheels or tits is gonna cost ya money.
but who needs money
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

sirch345 wrote:Blimey Tony, that wasn't really what I had in mind :)

Chris.
lol tis a bit omenous :roll:
i like this one...

and..... fragile keep-dry and this-way-up
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

mwross1964 wrote:Chris where did you get your belly pan
I happened to be lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time. I got it secondhand but in as new condition.

It is a Power Bronze lower fairing. Either keep your eye out on ebay, or this company sells new ones http://www.intobikes.co.uk/products/001 ... 0&x=54&y=7

HTH,

Chris.
simo

Post by simo »

:biggrin Nice one Chris,Looks a nice clean and tidy bike. :thumbup:
Theres A Hare in The Turnips.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Cheers Simo :D

Chris.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

i do like those powerbronze bellies.
looks more like a lower fairing than a belly pan - also i thing the bracketing is better than pyramid, the way it attaches in 3 places on each side - the pyramid doesnt have the upper front fastening.

nice pipes too.

looking for a new left link pipe for mine, i found this site with very low prices on cans - best ive seen
http://bikem8.com/shop/index.php?cPath= ... 78c3fc02f6
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

benny hedges wrote:i do like those powerbronze bellies.
looks more like a lower fairing than a belly pan - also i thing the bracketing is better than pyramid, the way it attaches in 3 places on each side - the pyramid doesnt have the upper front fastening.
Cheers Benny.
The funny thing is I always wanted a Pyramid Plastic's bellypan going by pictures only. When I saw one on a bike locally I realised I preferred the Powerbronze instead :D

Chris.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I eventually got the front foot rest hangers polished, they are a second set I purchased to give me time to work on these, so my bike would still be ridable. I did one last year :oops: so I had to get the second one polished before I could fit them both. I also removed the casting marks on the hangers, rear brake pedal and gear change lever before polishing.

If I hadn't polished one already, I would have been very tempted to spray paint the hangers, with the heel guards only polished as Firestorm Mike has recently done to his. But seeing as I'd started I thought I best finish :wink:

Chris.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Cheers Mike. You did have a fair amount to polish on the last Storm I know, but it looked good 8)

I do have a polishing kit, but I actually polished these by hand. I felt there's too many awkward nooks and crannies on the hangers that would be difficult to get at with the buffer wheels. I used wet and dry paper starting with 240 grit and ending up with 2000 grit. Then out with the Autosol.

Chris.