WORKSHOP DAY.

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
tony.mon

Re: WORKSHOP DAY.

Post by tony.mon »

So who left a 12mm hinged ratchet combi spanner at my place at one of the W/S days recently?
I've ended up with two.

And BTW there's a 1/4 drive 7mm socket left over as well, seem to recall these fit the adjuster on the carbs, if that jogs your memory.....

I'm now officially taking a break for the summer, and getting on with sorting my own one out.
So no more workshop days until the autumn.
About time someone else ran one!
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

tony.mon wrote:So who left a 12mm hinged ratchet combi spanner at my place at one of the W/S days recently?
I've ended up with two.

And BTW there's a 1/4 drive 7mm socket left over as well,
ah cheers tony, they're mine. wondered where i left them..... :shifty:
anything else that's shiny is mine as well. :roll:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
marlbororman

Post by marlbororman »

benny hedges wrote:
tony.mon wrote:So who left a 12mm hinged ratchet combi spanner at my place at one of the W/S days recently?
I've ended up with two.

Always one :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

marlbororman wrote:
benny hedges wrote:
I've ended up with two.

Always one :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I think it is Bennys shy and reserved way of volunteering to run the northen england workshop days............he can see the opportunity to blag free tools off those who turn up.
AMcQ
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

rofl i could see that going down a storm ( :roll: ) lol!!!
it's so quiet here everyone scarpers when they see me get the bike out - like the childcatcher's coming!
curtains start to twitch and i can see the old folk cringing waiting for the alarms to start going off!

can just imagine the reaction if a dozen of you hoodlums turned up, revving & wheelying down the close :lol: :lol: :lol:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Funny enough they all ride in like lambs, worrying about the CCT's and unbalanced carbs and whatnot.

Bit different riding out, though.
:lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

tony.mon wrote:Funny enough they all ride in like lambs, worrying about the CCT's and unbalanced carbs and whatnot.

Bit different riding out, though.
:lol:
Tony, dont mention sheep you know how Benny gets all excited & lambs well thats just disgusting!
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Time for another one, several people want things like CCT's changed; carbs balanced etc, so let's see what the demand is for a Saturday in March.

For any new folks, have a read on this thread and see what it's all about, but basically it's a chance to head over to my place in Sevenoaks, Kent, work on your own bike or I'll do it, usually we get some people who just want to see some jobs being done so that they can do them themselves later, or work on their own bikes while I cast an eye over their shoulder to make sure they're doing it right.

Bazza and Jonesy, are you up for joining in again? Your help very much appreciated.

If Jonesy comes over then we'll have a brake expert to hand as well.
alec

Post by alec »

tony.mon wrote:Time for another one, several people want things like CCT's changed; carbs balanced etc, so let's see what the demand is for a Saturday in March.

For any new folks, have a read on this thread and see what it's all about, but basically it's a chance to head over to my place in Sevenoaks, Kent, work on your own bike or I'll do it, usually we get some people who just want to see some jobs being done so that they can do them themselves later, or work on their own bikes while I cast an eye over their shoulder to make sure they're doing it right.

Bazza and Jonesy, are you up for joining in again? Your help very much appreciated.

If Jonesy comes over then we'll have a brake expert to hand as well.
sounds like a plan to me be a chance to meet some like minded storm owners, i've just ordered some cct's off of rider on a storm i'll see how easy it looks fitting them before i attempt it lol
98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home Image
playerone

Post by playerone »

I'd certainly be interested in this again, get my cct's done this time as I'm limited for space to do much here and I dont want to wombles it up :lol:
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

pity you lived so far away tony or i'd have a ride down & muck in with my selection of hammers. :biggrin
robwestwick

WORKSHOP DAY.

Post by robwestwick »

Count me in for assistance with CCT's and meeting some other stormers!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Taking the good lead set by Tony, If there is enough interest, I could be talked into doing a Midlands workshop day.
I am based in Solihull, so all the Midlands and any mid Wales owners should be near enough

Carb balancing, stopper mods or manual CCTs, valve clearances, brake bleeding, linkage bearings that kind of thing.....Bring your own parts but I have the other tools [ABBA stand and a set of hammers and angle grinders that only a Farmer could collect].

April / May time depending on my work schedule
AMcQ
Jonesey

Post by Jonesey »

Count me in Tony, loved your magic kettle thingy- bet that's the hardest that thing has ever worked in one day?
Unus Dies Gingiber Mos Hereditas Orbis terrarum.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

AMCQ46 wrote:Taking the good lead set by Tony, If there is enough interest, I could be talked into doing a Midlands workshop day.
I am based in Solihull, so all the Midlands and any mid Wales owners should be near enough

Carb balancing, stopper mods or manual CCTs, valve clearances, brake bleeding, linkage bearings that kind of thing.....Bring your own parts but I have the other tools [ABBA stand and a set of hammers and angle grinders that only a Farmer could collect].

April / May time depending on my work schedule
im up for that :D