maxxis tyre,s

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
VeeTeeArrrrrrr

Re: maxxis tyre,s

Post by VeeTeeArrrrrrr »

FirestormMike wrote:And they don't square off like Bridgestones. :thumbup:
Dont you mean flagstones, worst tyre (021's) I have ever used although in the first 1000 miles one of the best...............I keep saying it but Pirelli Stradas and plain old Diablos are good boys. :thumbup:
VeeTeeArrrrrrr

Post by VeeTeeArrrrrrr »

Lets face it maxxis tyre are fiddler a ching chong half life of old metzelers that are shite in the moist let alone damp, if ur fairweather 2k a year ok fair play, but in my opinion dangerous in the wet and want to save the price of a frog and a conker over Pirellis (Stradas or Plain Diablos) then be my ignorant guest, Im trying to help ya, but you twongs with shite Avon this that and the other need to be advised.... :lol: :lol:
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

VeeTeeArrrrrrr wrote:Lets face it maxxis tyre are fiddler a ching chong half life of old metzelers that are shite in the moist let alone damp, if ur fairweather 2k a year ok fair play, but in my opinion dangerous in the wet and want to save the price of a frog and a conker over Pirellis (Stradas or Plain Diablos) then be my ignorant guest, Im trying to help ya, but you twongs with shite Avon this that and the other need to be advised.... :lol: :lol:
The latest Avons are getting good reviews, up to you if you choose to ignore that mate. Plus they are a predominantly British firm, ' God save Liz'
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
VeeTeeArrrrrrr

Post by VeeTeeArrrrrrr »

Only an opinion, I took some vipers off my storm AV59/AV60, now these were stepping out in the dry when plain old 021's would have stuck, it was very predictable and not just a greasy spot on 1 occasion, had a chat with playerone and he said his Avons were shite too, and the guy who fitted em wont stock them at all cos he said they are shite, funny isnt it peoples opinions, for me Avons will never grace my circles again but in my experience when you need them to stick they dont, maybe some people dont ride to the 3rd mm of the edge of the tyre and for me when a tyre lets go that tells me its no good. Peace n Love. :thumbup:
geodude

Post by geodude »

I must ride like a pansy then as the Michelin pilot road 2 I had lasted just under 8000 miles and probably still had a few hundred miles left on them. Not much squaring off either

Most of that was motorway (52 miles a day). Expensive though £230 ride in and out. I also had laser wheel alignment and nitrogen which makes a big difference quite apparently.

I liked them so much, I got em again. :thumbup:

“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
playerone

Post by playerone »

A big :thumbup: to veeteearrrrrr for taking the time out to take me to the garage and getting a bloody good price :clap: still need to get the new hoops scrubbed in so cant say how good they are yet but wont ever be putting avon's on the bike again, from the time they were scrubbed they just felt wrong, tracking all over the road, just had no real confidence in them at all but being scottish run them into the ground, quite literally :shifty:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

geodude wrote:I must ride like a pansy then as the Michelin pilot road 2 I had lasted just under 8000 miles and probably still had a few hundred miles left on them. Not much squaring off either

Most of that was motorway (52 miles a day). Expensive though £230 ride in and out. I also had laser wheel alignment and nitrogen which makes a big difference quite apparently.
George, that 8,000 miles must be on your Bandit front tyre I presume :lol: because it's err always up off the ground :wink:

Chris.

PS.
playerone wrote:A big :thumbup: to veeteearrrrrr for taking the time out to take me to the garage and getting a bloody good price :clap: still need to get the new hoops scrubbed in so cant say how good they are yet but wont ever be putting avon's on the bike again, from the time they were scrubbed they just felt wrong, tracking all over the road, just had no real confidence in them at all but being scottish run them into the ground, quite literally :shifty:

Re:- Avon Storm tyres. Everybody to their own when it comes to tyres I guess, but personally I can't fault Avon Storm tyres.. I've never experienced what Playerone has.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

geodude wrote: the Michelin pilot road 2 I had lasted just under 8000 miles and probably still had a few hundred miles left on them. Not much squaring off either

that's because you have forgotten to take the bike off its stand. :roll:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

I tried the Avon Storms and wasn't impressed. The rear, which I fitted 800 miles befor the front was great but the front gave me no confidence at all :evil: I haven't tried the Ultras yet but unless someone has tried them both and found an improvement over the old ones I don't think I'll bother.
Keep the reports coming lads, the juryt's still out on this one :D

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

geodude wrote:I must ride like a pansy then as the Michelin pilot road 2 I had lasted just under 8000 miles and probably still had a few hundred miles left on them. Not much squaring off either
I just replaced my pilot road 2 rear after 5500 miles, it was at the tread wear indicators but had also started to square off and caused the bike to follow road markings. On the whole I liked them, but was strange not to have a tyre bobble up bits of rubber round the edges after a "sporty" day out, they just dont feel [when you touch them after riding] as sticky as sports tyres, But never had a problem with grip wet or dry! So as I like to keep my tyres as matched pairs, I went for same again :thumbup:
AMcQ
h3r3t1c

Post by h3r3t1c »

wierd how different people like different tyres i couldn't get on with perelli's but that was due to a sudden deflation (no puncture or leaky valve) on the motorway at xxxmph on my gsxr i just lost confidance in them, ultras are better than normal storms, tbh i wouldn't use anything other than avons now unless there was a deal on some expensive exotica types like michelin power pure and then it would be to see about the hype, i have had all brands of tyre on my bikes (except michelin) and would deffo stick to avons but that my opinion and there like a clitoris... Every cu#+ got one :Ball Kick:
DON'T SUFFER FOOLS.... SHOOT 'EM

Suzuki GSX 750 F
Biamo Renagade
Suzuki VX800
Yamaha YZF600
Triumph T 595
Honda VF1000 F
Suzuki GSXR 750 WN
Yamaha RD 350 F2
Honda ST 1100
Kawasaki ZXR 750 L3
Honda VTR1000F
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Mich 2cts on the Gixxer at the mo and they are pretty damn good, not as sticky as the racetecs or the supercorsa pros but hopefully the longevity will outweigh that disadvantage.
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'