having a right mare of a day !!

General Bike chat
Kev L

Re: having a right mare of a day !!

Post by Kev L »

So what you're saying Lloydie is that even insurance companies are offended by the sludge machine!!!
Seriously it appals me the depths that insurance companies will stoop too to grab even more coinage from the public at large. B**tards!
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
darkember

Post by darkember »

Lloydie time to go to blue its a calming colour :biggrin :biggrin :biggrin :biggrin
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

What an insightful comment there fella. I have always admired you as a man of impeccable taste! :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

For gawds sake don't tell about the hat Lloydie that's a one off mega special unobtainium in that colour, it's just gonna shoot the premium up !

Last time I bought insurance, I volunteered the mods I had & they said they weren't interested unless it was tuning to the engine to raise HP !
I told them about adding Black bits in an effort to slow it down & they said ''yes it's quite a common mod for the super fast RED ones.''

MCE £90.10 comp BTW...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

And now for a totally different non conventional approach/opinion. Are they having a wombles laugh. Insurance companies throwing a dart and making numbers up as they go along. Just tell them it's a Green Firestorm and nothing else. Don't bother telling them about any mods apart from aftermarket exhaust that does not improve performance. Grrrr it angers me. :twisted: screw them and the law, just get yourself covered so you don't come up on ANPR. The majority of accidents are low speed and little damage to a car from bike, if it's your fault for sure then do an outside insurance deal and pay for repair yourself. If Insurance pay they will only increase your premium again and in the long run you would be worse off than paying up yourself in the first place. If your bike is that badly damaged then a new storm is cheap enough to cut your losses and get another or repair the damage yourself. Yet again if the insurance pay up then your premium goes up, so yet again it's not worth it in the long run. Plus they will then sell you identity on to the scum bag no win no fee mob. The whole industry is a scam/shambles so play them at their own game. Dirty robbing bastewards. :evil: :evil: :evil:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

i managed to get a good policy from mce for £400 with lots of stuff
im now covered for 20000 miles a year ]pillion cover \ full breakdown cover and
covered to ride over seas and lots of other sh1t too
i could've got a cheaper policy but it wasn't as good .

and to top it off with carol nash they had no idea that the bike was modified on the currant policy even tho i told them and had a letter showing mods 8O pluss when i called them late last year to tell them about the colour change they took £45 fee of me to do it . but it wasn't on the policy so i lost £45 so im now trying to get that back off them .
i wont use cn again they let me down
playerone

Post by playerone »

MacV2 wrote:For gawds sake don't tell about the hat Lloydie that's a one off mega special unobtainium in that colour, it's just gonna shoot the premium up !

Last time I bought insurance, I volunteered the mods I had & they said they weren't interested unless it was tuning to the engine to raise HP !
I told them about adding Black bits in an effort to slow it down & they said ''yes it's quite a common mod for the super fast RED ones.''

MCE £90.10 comp BTW...
I went with MCE a couple of months ago and the policy jumped about £50 when I told them I had microns
mattycoops43

Post by mattycoops43 »

I recently insured my Storm with MCE, have to say, they seem to be very keen to get bikers on board, had a great chat with the lady on the phone she wanted to know if I was going to any of the Super bike meetings.

I asked about adding my fazer and they do cheap multi bike too, and I asked about the fazer as its modded, they told me 100% non performance mods are free, a pipe that is just to get a nice noise is free, performance mods start adding 10% (per mod?) But lets be honest, most of us are not particularly into that side of things, we just like them to look pretty.

One thing to note, the extras you get are ok but not great, personal accident is only up to £1k as are most of the other bonus's, but I only got it because the cover looked good and the price was cheap. I am paying £330 Tpf&t but that's with no ncb as it's in use on the fazer, when I reach renewal I am switching the fazer over to mce multibike and it looks like I will be getting a lower price total.
Budget storm gradually on the road to spangliness.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

bigspanishmarty wrote:.
did you declare your other mods lloydie. 2 into 1, sp cooler, and so on?
exhaust 2-1 with leo can
paint special expensive race paint so im told :?
screen
forks
bars
levers
rearsets
shock
hugger
under tray
brakes
indicators
front mudguard
i dont have any other mods :shh: (that can be seen)
Last edited by lloydie on Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

MacV2 wrote:For gawds sake don't tell about the hat Lloydie that's a one off mega special unobtainium in that colour, it's just gonna shoot the premium up !
good no they aint finding out about the mac hat :!: im not loaded you know :oops:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

are they standard mirrors?
and who tooled you thats how to spell told.................. :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

bigspanishmarty wrote:are they standard mirrors?
and who told you thats how to spell toold.................. :lol:
the mirrors are but i dont know what they are bolted to :lol:
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Sod telling them if its going to make a that bigger difference in price. Like it has been said just say its green, that's all that is in the log book , isnt it? Legalised theft insurance is if you ask me. Hope mine doesn't shoot up this year. As far as they will be concerned, its red and that's all they need to know :thumbup:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

It's only performance related mods they are interested in and it only performance related mods that could invalidate your insurance by not telling them. You don't have to list every Titanium nut and bolt, hugger, screen, heated grips, bar ends and god knows what other aftermarket stuff that most people add to their bikes to personalise them to their taste. Yeh add things like an Ohlins shock or expensive rearsets and stuff if you want them to be added to the valuation of the bike. But be prepared for a higher premium.

If you go mentioning every nut and bolt they will just see that as an opportunity to add a bit here and add a bit there, they will take the piss and before you know it your insurance is double or triple the price. Even then if you have an off or want to make a claim they will weasel their way out of paying out what you think.

The whole industry is a con. They just make it up as they go along. You could have twins that have the same job, live in the same house, work in the same job, have the same bike and same mods. same license and history, Both exactly the same with no differences. They would both get a different quotes from the same insurance company.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
954luca

Post by 954luca »

lloydie wrote:i managed to get a good policy from mce for £400 with lots of stuff
im now covered for 20000 miles a year ]pillion cover \ full breakdown cover and
covered to ride over seas and lots of other sh1t too
i could've got a cheaper policy but it wasn't as good .

and to top it off with carol nash they had no idea that the bike was modified on the currant policy even tho i told them and had a letter showing mods 8O pluss when i called them late last year to tell them about the colour change they took £45 fee of me to do it . but it wasn't on the policy so i lost £45 so im now trying to get that back off them .
i wont use cn again they let me down

I had exactly the same crap from carol nash, last month I swapped over one of my bikes, was charged £38 admin fee, called then yesterday, to add another bike, and remove the one I added last month, to be told by the muppet from carol nash, that they have no record of that bike, in other words they charged me £38 and did not bother changing the policy, so ive been riding round with no insurance on that bike.

Gave them some :Argue: and the adviser said a team leader will investigate, by listening to that phone call, I asked for my money back they said no.
Then they had the cheek to ask for another £48 for change of bike.

Then when they emailed new certificates over, the registration was wrong again on one of the bikes, I also paid extra for commuting on policy, but on certificate it only had pleasure use only.

Useless twats!

Needless to say when my insurance expires in July I will not be renewing with them, they used to be good, now they just a bunch of useless incompetent tossers.