Let the games begin

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
Shauned71

Re: Let the games begin

Post by Shauned71 »

Getting there... quick refit to test everything fitting ok plus I need to use the bike tomorrow to pick up my paint and mats to paint her. Have a slight twist in the frame in front of the head lamp which I have tried to straighten but can't seem to get quite right and its upsetting the the lines where the side fairings meet the nose piece... other than that its all ok. Will be buying some bits for the bike in a few weeks time when I have some money to spare, the front frame will be the first bit :P

agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

get intouch with seb, i think he might have one, unless he sold it.... :(
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

I'm skint at mo, only doing paint work because its cheap for me to do.. had most materials I needed, just got to buy main colour and white for wheels.. plus there a few bits I could do with. The top yoke around the barrel has been filled or something.. think bike has been a stolen recovery in past so need yoke aswell as h/l frame, need the 2 inner fairing panels too plus my undertray is tatty. Gonna have to wait a little while to get those bits. Front fairing dont look too bad.. can live with it for now.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

looks kind of cool in the primer :thumbup:
AMcQ
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

:P it dont look bad especially outside in the light.. from this side anyway. I ran out of the dark grey I used as a guide coat so the other side fairing has a splash of blue across it lol

Finally... picked colour. Change of mind again... Orange with white wheels, bought colour so no going back. Fell for the orange used on the Kawasakis.. if you are not familiar with the colour, its along the lines of the renthal orange only a shade brighter but it has a fine gold flake to give the metallic effect. Will do the wheels nice bright audi abis white but will give the wheels the same effect as the bodywork as in a light coat of gold flake which will give them a slight/subtle sparkle when the sun catches them. Something along the lines of graphite grey for the forks and white again on the rear seat frame.

Hope I like it cause i aint painting it twice.. not right now anyway :lol: Probably wont get it painted this weekend now though.. will finish my mates parts off first and then strip my bike again ready to start flatting for colour.. Don't really want to be bugging the neighbours on the sunday so will probably go for colour Monday.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I like the sound of the Gold flecks in the White, that should look real nice. And Orange is one of the rarer colours so shall be quite unique. Looking forward to seeing the results. :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

cybercarl wrote:I like the sound of the Gold flecks in the White, that should look real nice. And Orange is one of the rarer colours so shall be quite unique. Looking forward to seeing the results. :thumbup:

stop butt licking carl...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Well it's better than a Tahitian immigrant, Tango is sweet. :lol: I'm just thinking Gold flecks in Black would look nice but I'm not sure if I could apply flecks using rattle cans.

Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

cybercarl wrote:I like the sound of the Gold flecks in the White, that should look real nice.
I'm curious as to what the wheels will look like. Will spray out a test card first while painting the bike to get an idea of what the finish will turn out like.

Just a tease.... 2 basecoats, one for colour one for effect. Was so excited after getting the colour that I re-arranged my day, whipped through the final bits I had to do to my mates bike, stripped my panels back off and i'm half way through flatting her down. Can't be waiting until Monday to get the paint on :P

edds11

Post by edds11 »

looking forward to the updates :clap:
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

Finally getting there.. have had a horrible past couple days! Bike was all flatted and ready to go yesterday early afternoon. Cleaned paint shop up, cleaned myself up and cleaned parts up.. as I was degreasing the panels I noticed a strange cracking effect over the 2 side fairings and the mudguard, looked a bit like crazy paving. Could understand having trouble with the mudguard what with the plastic welding and the amount of filling I did to it to make it look like it belonged back on a bike.. but the panels.. ahh maybe the panels were all cracked up because I didn't strip them completely like I did the other panels... but I did strip the mudguard... basically... not sure why I had the problems I had.. either way had to strip the 3 panels back again and re-primer on friday night. While this is going on.. what started yesterday (fri morn) morning that felt as a bit of a cold coming on moved on to being cold and the start of a chest infection.. by the time I went to carry on with the bike I was hanging. Got up in the morn (sat) felt rough as old boots.. anyways.. another flat down,.. try again.. splashed on some spare base coat that I had.. all looked good.. green light, go for tango!!! Few pics, not the best quality because it was late when taking pics.. will try and get some more tomorrow in daylight. Job isn't perfect by all means... but then I wasn't trying for a perfect finish.. still intend on rebuild and repaint over the winter, but considering the paint cracking up problems and how poo I feel.. aint come out bad at all.. pleased to say the least :D

This is all just gun finish.. not even 100% dry, just couldn't resist putting a few panels in place to see what they would look like. Will give them a quick flat and polish when bike is back together. Tomorrow.. well, today now... wheels and seat frame to paint.. gonna cheat, only going to paint what you see of the seat frame for now. After bank hols will grab some paint to do the forks (gunmetal grey).

VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Coming along nicely. The Crazing (craquelure) sounds to me like the paint has reacted with something. Did you apply too much at first by any chance rather than a light dust coat. Or maybe the room was colder than you thought as your not feeling too well. The colour looks nice. It's not an in your face Orange but a more subtle browny/Orange. Mmmm maybe that is just the lighting, yeh I'm liking the colour in the first pic with all the panels back on the bike, but the ones underneath look more Tango. I shall see what it's like when complete. Get well soon.

Last edited by VTRDark on Sun May 05, 2013 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Looking very orange :Thumbup:
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

That reminds me, I must hydrate more through the day. My Piss is that colour in the morning!! :lol:
Only joking mate, it looks very good. Be nice to see some more piccies once it's done and in daylight. :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
hellride

Post by hellride »

Damn, that's a nice orange right there. :thumbup:
Oh, well!! Could've been worse...