Not a happy bunny

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
lee67

Post by lee67 »

obviously i could be wrong, but ive had same noise..and its always been cam end float''..its common' ish on twins''...most mehcanics(good ones) will tell u its not all bad, dont lose sleep over it..as i say ive had a couple of bikes with same problem...one of em 'i went on to do 40'000 miles with same knock,,,it boils down to the cam' floating slightly and thus knocks..if you want to have piece of mind, either go to a reputed mehcanic and explain the noise, and my theory or where are u based??? if local to me id happily confirm the noise :wink:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

bikerpiker wrote:Sorry for jumpin on the bandwaggon.....but..
Mines has got a squeek,yep, a squeek :!:

Been like that since i bought it,can hear it when ticking over,or riding,the more revs,the more it sqeeks. Not too loud......but its there :!:
Goin to nip down to Ayr soon to compare with Geordies engine.
Any ideas anybody :?:
Stevie,
It's not your rear suspension that's seized or needs re-greasing by any chance I don't suspose :?: Probably not, but may be worth checking out as they can cause a squeak, especially if not greased from new :!:

Chris.
lee67

Post by lee67 »

i nearly said that chris, cos ive had a squeaky rear shock...but the big clue was same noise at tickover, and not riding :wink:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Lee,
That's why I said it's probably not, but then I wondered if Bikerpiker meant, when it was ticking over as he climbed on board, hence his body weight would make the suspension move.

Only a long shot really, didn't mean to hi-jack this thread :oops:

Chris.
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

chris....lee,,,,cheers lads,appreciate it :!:

noise deff comes from engine ,but kinda hard to pinpoint where.Happens all the time whether im on the bike,or its sitting stationary,.
Noise is there both on the throttle,and backing off,both same loudness, but very,very faint...........but im sure i hear something :!:
i might be wrong,and imagining things,but sometimes when u get something into your head ,its hard to shift :!:
Really need to compare with another 'storm...... :!:
tosh23

Post by tosh23 »

lee67 wrote:obviously i could be wrong, but ive had same noise..and its always been cam end float''..its common' ish on twins''...most mehcanics(good ones) will tell u its not all bad, dont lose sleep over it..as i say ive had a couple of bikes with same problem...one of em 'i went on to do 40'000 miles with same knock,,,it boils down to the cam' floating slightly and thus knocks..if you want to have piece of mind, either go to a reputed mehcanic and explain the noise, and my theory or where are u based??? if local to me id happily confirm the noise :wink:
Im from hull mate but south yorks is only a rideaway :D
lee67

Post by lee67 »

u ever get to squires??? its about mid way for both of us and i go a few times a week..normally every weds and weekend...just gis a shout if u an get over :wink:
tosh23

Post by tosh23 »

lee67 wrote:u ever get to squires??? its about mid way for both of us and i go a few times a week..normally every weds and weekend...just gis a shout if u an get over :wink:
Yep I go to milk bar alot, name the day I will be there.
lee67

Post by lee67 »

most of us go on a weds night, if its dry!!!...normally park near the entrance on opp side( vicky's bar side).. :wink:
tosh23

Post by tosh23 »

I wont be there on wed night because im doing a track night at cadwell.
But i will let you know . :D
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

Blimey, reading this it is enough to get anyone paranoid about owning VTR's!

The answer is though ............................................. better earplugs!!!! :D

I'll get my coat..........
"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

[quote="
The answer is though ............................................. better earplugs!!!! :D

[/quote]

Gonads.
The answer is ....
Louder pipes!!
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.