R1 seat conversion(New pics added 15/11/08)

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
RedStormV
Location: West Yorks (Bronte Country) - Home of the Negro Lesbian Cornet Players

Post by RedStormV »

Well I wasn't sure about the look at first, although it is growing on me.

Not sure what it is, perhaps the angle or perceived angle of the tail unit :? I dunno.

Must say she's looking better with the cans on though, albeit placed and not fitted yet.

Sod the noise I say, I bet she'll sound luuuuurrvely.

Looking forward to the finished item.
Last edited by RedStormV on Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pmcq

Post by pmcq »

rst steve wrote:.... but feel it may be a bit loud :wink:
Whats the problem there Ted? :D :D
andyh

Post by andyh »

Steve, who cares about the noise mate :!: That looks the business :wink:
rst steve

Post by rst steve »

Timbo wrote:
pmcq wrote:
rst steve wrote:.... but feel it may be a bit loud :wink:
Whats the problem there Ted? :D :D
He says in his best Ardal O'Hanlon voice! I may be the only one who got that but i am sat here p155ing myself laughing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Steve, what is the point of the Can bit ?? You will be able to see yer pistons down them mate :) Or is the can just there to have something to fix to the seat? ;)

Like Graeme, i am unsure of the look, if you want to look like an R1, buy one :wink: But that said, the standard of the work you have done is excellent and i can really appreciate that. And of course, when its painted it wont look so much like an R1 and more like a really unique storm, hats off to you mate, i couldnt do it.

One question, whats wrong with the Storm back end? Or are you doing it "because you can" ?
See where your coming from i could of bought an R1 for what it cost up to now but i love the feel of the storm. The big v-twin and the size of it just suits me tryed an R1 and did'nt like it but love the looks of the tail unit. Just trying to make my perfect storm which will cost a small fortune i know but it will be mine and thats what counts for me. :wink:

Doogle :lol:
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

Personally,i dont think there's anything wrong at all with a standard storm back-end ,but steve's mod makes it more up to date ,i like it :!:

That's what bikers do, it seems, if they've got the money and the knowhow, they change loads of items for non-standard, and if they've just got the money, they pay someone else to do it for them :!:

I mean, how many of us own 'storms that are 100% standard...very ,very few i reckon, from cans to single-siders , belly-pans to bars ,everybody has got different opinions on things ,i like the look of my belly pan and hated the wee standard item, my wife said "you've wasted that bike " :!: :!:
Ye should've heard her when she stumbled accross me cutting the baffles out my standard cans :lol:

To me,the thing i dont like most about the 'storm is the dated, bubbly looking fairing,also why the fek was didnt they make it a full fairing , 8O ,some might say,well, why did you buy a storm, but the ones that might say that, are the ones that change fekin everything except the standard fairing :!: :!:

Rant over :!: :wink:
Stevie
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

It's looking good Steve :!:
I like others was wondering what these tri-ovals were going to look like and if it were me I'd more than likely gone with Mikes suggestion of oval cans, although the spouts would need to be straight imo, as your tri-ovals are. But after seeing the pic's your decision could well be the right one :!:

Keep up the good work mate 8)

Chris.
bikerpiker wrote: To me,the thing i dont like most about the 'storm is the dated, bubbly looking fairing,
Stevie,
It's strange/funny what one see's as a dislike while others don't and vise-versa :!: I personally think the fairing is OK, not to dated. It's the headlamp style that I feel looks more dated to me :wink: But then again I'm not a huge fan of loads of plastic anyway. I prefer the retro style look of a bike, especially if it has a nice air cooled engine to look at.

So you might ask then, why do I have a bike with a fairing :!: The simple answer after years of bikes with no fairings is, I like the wind protection now :D

Chris.
rst steve

Post by rst steve »

Todays attempts. Got the tail tidy sorted apart from a number plate light which is on the way. Think i am gonna get this annodised black. New number plate bit smaller and fits the tail better than the square one. So all i need now is rear seat, number plate light, paint and the link pipe and its done. :D

Oh and my new clutch lever

8)
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

looks nice mate 8) i like the butt end of my storm tho, im looking at updating the front on mine, seen a couple done with cbr 600 nosecone, but im looking at ducati for mine :wink: :D
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
rst steve

Post by rst steve »

marravtr wrote:looks nice mate 8) i like the butt end of my storm tho, im looking at updating the front on mine, seen a couple done with cbr 600 nosecone, but im looking at ducati for mine :wink: :D
Think the front end may be next 8O
stormingjoe

Post by stormingjoe »

looks good, admire your dedication
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Very clean mate, nice job. Look fwd to seeing it painted.
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

I'll bet it sounds like a spitfire when it's at full chat with those pipes :twisted:
Looks fantastic BTW

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
pmcq

Post by pmcq »

He says in his best Ardal O'Hanlon voice! I may be the only one who got that but i am sat here p155ing myself laughing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:D :D Good man!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

WOW :!: Steve that is looking the business :!: 8)

An excellent job, keep up the good work :D

Chris.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Gotta say, I don't think the number plate will get through a MOT with that squiggly font.

You can hardly read it......... :D

(Think I'll get mine done like that).
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.